Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2003 3:00:16 PM EDT
CAI had a dealer special...3 M44's w/ "cracked stocks" for $99..yup, $33 PER RIFLE. I couldn't resist

I wasn't expecting gems by any stretch but Century's ad failed to mention these suckers were still caked in cosmoline!

All three of them look like the pics...missing some minor hardware but the stocks aren't completely awful. Bores look pretty good upon initial inspection.

I'll post some pics once I get them cleaned up by sometime in 2034!

Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:04:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, they are ugly!

Do you have anymore pics of the entire rifle in better light?

God Damn C&R will never get here!~
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:23:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, looks like you will be doing a lot of cleaning. If you have the time, can you post some pictures of the three rifles cleaned up.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:14:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll try to get some pics in better light tomorrow and will definately share "end result" pics thought it might take a while! LOL!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:16:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:19:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I wasn't expecting gems by any stretch but Century's ad failed to mention these suckers were still caked in cosmoline!

Bores look pretty good upon initial inspection.

I'll post some pics once I get them cleaned up by sometime in 2034!

Cosmoline? I haven't seen that much crap on something since the original movie "The Thing".

Those have bores? What did you use to run through them, a carbide bit?

Good luck green. Send up a flare if you need some help.

ED
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:09:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Almost makes it seem worth it to pay more and buy off the rack...

t
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:32:41 AM EDT
[#7]
"Almost makes it seem worth it to pay more and buy off the rack..."

I already have a couple in-the-wrapper M44's in the safe...these were cheap and a challenge
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:47:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 3:59:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Pics from the 2nd rifle I stripped down:

TRIGGER GROUP:

REC'VER PIC:

REC'VER MARKS

REAR SIGHT CAKED IN COSMOLINE

The good news is that I found a good tool to clean them up with....a $100 "Shark" hand-held steam cleaner! GF said she could use it around the house so we split the cost. I put the nozzle in the chamber, let the steam blast and the cosmoline literally ran out the end of the barrel! The barrel got hot enough that I couldn't touch it. All of the other parts came out looking great as well...just made sure they were all dry and then coated w/ a little CLP while I figure out what to do w/ the stocks.

Just thought I'd share...
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:14:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Does your girlfriend use the "Shark" on you after you touch those things.

My wife wouldn't let them near the house.

Keep us informed. And keep posting pics.

ED
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:32:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Just throw em in the dishwasher :)
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:27:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Just throw em in the dishwasher :)

Just make sure its not YOUR dishwasher
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top