Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2016 10:18:59 AM EDT
I'll keep this brief. No shilling just sharing some good shit.
I have been looking to replace my Wilderness Frequent Flyer belt that I've been using for appx 8 years. I knew I wanted a more traditional EDC belt this time around and came across a post by another team member who had posted a link to SET here a while back.
After checking out their web site and seeing the materials and build quality in the pics I decided to order. I also had a small custom requirement for my belt that SET was happy to provide. Everything went smooth. Order time and shipping was just as advertised.

The belt is fantastic. Better than my Wilderness even. Stiffness and sizing is perfect. The stitching is hardcore and the materials are solid.
I will be ordering one of the SET Battle Belts once I get the money together to begin buying and setting that up. I recommend checking out their battle belt if your in the market...I came across a really good YouTube video that shows how SET does their battle belts. It's genius really.

When my package came in it was obvious lol.

Everything was packaged up very nicely and was individually wrapped in a few feet of paracord. I didn't get any pics of the actual unboxing(I know, fail). I also didn't get pics of the swag but, yes, there is indeed SWAG!!!

I had to order a shirt also. I couldn't resist I give my friends shit and tell them almost this exact thing regularly LOL

Anyway, on to the belt. I'll mostly let the pics do the talking. Look at that melt. I like the shape of the tail. Makes it easy to feed through belt loops.

Look at that stitching. Would you just look at it. This is the back side of the belt. I just wanted to show how this thing is built.

Swag patch I stuck on the outer Velcro for pics. I had Velcro added to my belt. That is an option on the website. He actually uses a small belt keeper type of thing normally but I have my own personal reasons for wanting it Velcro lined and also needed the tail to Velcro down flat and stay put. I'm sure he can probably build you a belt however you wanted it. SET responded to my questions about what I wanted/needed very quickly btw.

Here it is in use. I honestly feel like it supports my pistol better than my wilderness and I haven't quite figured out why yet. It just does. I've been using it for 3-4 solid days now and noticed it majorly last night while out shopping with the GF. I love this thing already.

I'll add some stuff later probably. Slightly a work in progress. I already typed up this entire review once and lost it because I'm an idiot and close out Safari on the iPad while in the middle of posing up pics lol.

ETA- of course I fucking forgot to take a pic of the entire belt I'll try to get one up this afternoon.
And here is a hot link for you guys Snake Eater Tactical. I think they also win the tactical name game

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I do like that melt...the ends of your belts always end up getting messed up from the buckle.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:41:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Their finish looks better now than on the belt I have.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:38:30 PM EDT
[#3]
May have missed it but what belt did you get?

I'm thinking of getting an edc belt or minimalist belt from them along wtih a battle belt in the future.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:49:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Those are some fancy jeans you have there.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 9:37:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
True Religion OP?

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:16:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm thinking of getting an edc belt or minimalist belt from them along wtih a battle belt in the future.
View Quote

On the web site it's called the Cobra Riggers belt. I ordered the version with the western stitch. They also have a diamond pattern stitch.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:27:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
True Religion OP?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
True Religion OP?  

. No they are not True Religion, similar style I guess. Let me be clear, they do NOT have stupid gay ass beads or whatever else they are putting on the back of men's jeans these days.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 1:00:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

. No they are not True Religion, similar style I guess. Let me be clear, they do NOT have stupid gay ass beads or whatever else they are putting on the back of men's jeans these days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
True Religion OP?  

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I work with OP and he is lying about those jeans! He gets shit everytime he wears them too!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 1:39:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I work with OP and he is lying about those jeans! He gets shit everytime he wears them too!!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
True Religion OP?  

Hi Bryce. Fucker lol.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:19:59 PM EDT
[#10]
What's your jean size, and what size belt did you end up going with?
Wish these went by actual jean size.

Also what holster is that?
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What's your jean size, and what size belt did you end up going with?
Wish these went by actual jean size.

Also what holster is that?
View Quote

My actual pant size was several inches smaller. The size you order will end up being larger than your actual size. I noticed on his FB page that he just last week uploaded a YouTube video showing exactly how to size. I would just YouTube snake eater tactical.

That Holster is an older X-fer by Armordillo Concealment. I swapped out soft loops. Apparently the latest versions are much better or use better kydex.

ETA- I'm going to attempt a video embed here lol ETA2- SUCCESS!

Some other cool videos of his gear. Check out the battle belt one.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 8:18:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

On the web site it's called the Cobra Riggers belt. I ordered the version with the western stitch. They also have a diamond pattern stitch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, does look like a nice belt and do plan on buying one soon.
ETA - This it? Link

Damn you, also going to have to get the duty belt to...
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

ETA - This it? Link

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA - This it? Link

Yep. That's the one. Honestly all the gear looks badass. I know for a fact I'm going to order the battle belt and dump pouch before spring.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 9:02:04 PM EDT
[#14]
oops. Double post
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 9:18:01 PM EDT
[#15]
So the tail end comes with velcro to hold it down?

Honestly, I love my Ares belts, but I feel the velcro would have been nice. Sometimes the belt will loosen up a bit from bending and what not.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#16]
[

Yep. That's the one. Honestly all the gear looks badass. I know for a fact I'm going to order the battle belt and dump pouch before spring.
View Quote

I'm hoping to order by the beginning of summer
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:18:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I did a huge review on here about a year and a half ago on his belts. Still wearing it and just ordered another (different color). My original belt shows zero wear and still looks brand new (I wear it daily).

SET is quality kit and the owner is a stand up guy.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#18]
I use his burro pouches for Edc . They hold a 17 or 23 round m&p mag good, pretty snug on multi tools too.

A set belt is on my want list, currently using a ares gear belt.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 5:10:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So the tail end comes with velcro to hold it down?

Honestly, I love my Ares belts, but I feel the velcro would have been nice. Sometimes the belt will loosen up a bit from bending and what not.
View Quote

The tail Velcro is an option but doesn't normally come on it I don't think, he has a keeper that actually looks good but I need that Velcro myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top