Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/17/2007 4:48:23 PM EDT
It's strange posting this right after XLNARC's thread.

I couldn't believe it! My girlfriend was having a hell of a time staying on paper with it so I grabbed it to see what was up. Fired it from a rest and I'll be damned if only on bullet out of the cylinder didn't go through sideways. That shooter has seen some action but not nearly enough too shoot out a rimfire barrel. I've cleaned it just enough to not do any damage but still get the gunk out. Timing seems OK.

I'd send it back to Ruger, as I'm sure they'd take care of the problem for free or close to it, but I want to give her some TLC. Anyone have the card of a good revlover-smith that could refinish her give 'er a thorough check up?
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 7:42:22 PM EDT
Typically, that means the cylinder is not lining up with the barrel. You should see some lead shaving off one side of the rear of the barrel where the bullet jumps from the cylinder to the forcing cone.

Could be a lot of things. May be dirt in the cylinder notches. The "hand" that turns the cylinder may be worn out, or gummed up with dirt. May be a spring that is worn or weak or slipped out of position.

It's some stupid little thing. Watch the cylinder turn, and you'll find it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 4:09:03 PM EDT
Could be lead build up in the barrel too.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 4:11:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ARMIKEFMJ:
Could be lead build up in the barrel too.

In cylinder or forcing cone..............swages down the bullet so it won't catch the rifling.

Clean it, WELL.........and use a lead removing solvent and a lewis lead removal cloth.
Top Top