Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 5:07:02 PM EDT
And who knows when or where it happened!  Should I send it in for the warranty or just buy another one.  Can someone send me some links for some caps?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you mean the end cap that covers the end of the cocking tube?

That cap should be tight enough that it wouldn't pop off, perhaps it wasn't seated properly.

I would try to contact them first, but I wouldn't sweat it too much since they're not exactly expensive or critical to the function of the rifle.

That said, perhaps this would give you a good excuse to upgrade it with a bayonet adaptor  And you know that thing ain't gonna pop off.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:50:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

That cap should be tight enough that it wouldn't pop off, perhaps it wasn't seated properly.

I would try to contact them first, but I wouldn't sweat it too much since they're not exactly expensive or critical to the function of the rifle.

That said, perhaps this would give you a good excuse to upgrade it with a bayonet adaptor  And you know that thing ain't gonna pop off.

Tell me more about this?  Is that just an endcap with a lug for a bayonet?  I need something so crap doesn't fall into the tube.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell me more about this?  Is that just an endcap with a lug for a bayonet?  I need something so crap doesn't fall into the tube.

It's a part that directly replaces the end cap. It's secured by a screw/washer instead of a detent so there's no way it'll pop off.

Pictures are pretty self explanatory:

www.robertrtg.com/g3bayo.html

I do have an extra end cap that I'll mail to you if you want. But I still think the bayo. adaptor looks mighty cool even if you don't plan on using it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#4]
It does look better.  Does this mean drilling on the receiver?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:11:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It does look better.  Does this mean drilling on the receiver?

Nope, like I said it directly replaces the end cap, meaning no modification required.

The screw goes through the same hole where the detent goes.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:17:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry about my ignorance.  I was always an AR/AK guy until I discovered the joy of the G3 rifle.  I never noticed that little hole for the screw.  I might order one.  The bayo itself is expensive!  Any cheaper alternatives?  My only beef about the blade is the lack of a guard on the top side.  Otherwise, it's a very slick bayonet.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sorry about my ignorance.  I was always an AR/AK guy until I discovered the joy of the G3 rifle.  I never noticed that little hole for the screw.  I might order one.  The bayo itself is expensive!  Any cheaper alternatives?  My only beef about the blade is the lack of a guard on the top side.  Otherwise, it's a very slick bayonet.  

Yeah the bayonet reminds me of a pineapple grenade  No clue on where to get one cheaper though, maybe you can check gunbroker for a used one.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:34:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Good deal.  I think I'll pick one up!  Thanks a million...
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:23:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Gun Parts Corp (Numrich) advertises them for $29.95 each.  I ordered two a while back and they were both brand new and fit my HK91 perfectly.

G3-HK91 Bayonet
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:04:24 PM EDT
[#10]
one thing you wanna make sure is that you order the correct type of bayonet.

HK made two types, one that uses an adaptor and one that simply slips into the cocking tube cavity.

I prefer the adaptor type better because:

1. the adaptor looks kinda cool

2. if you remove the bayonet it doesn't leave an opening to your cocking tube, whereas the one that doesn't require an adaptor will.

3. You don't need to carry the end cap separately to use for when you remove the bayonet.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top