Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2003 11:12:34 AM EDT
After seeing BHD for the billionth time, I decided to turn my Norinco M305/M14 into my own version of the rifle Sgt. Randy Shugart used in Somalia.

I installed the action in a Fiberglass GI stock which I painted in desert camo.Swapped out the bolt for a Springfield Armory GI bolt, and Mounted a Tasco PDP-5 on a Springfield Armory 3rd Generation mount(Will upgrade to an Aimpoint Comp M when funds allow).Have a H&R USGI trigger assembly coming in the mail.

SKBY.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Skullboy,

Nice rifle!  Where did you get that cheek piece for that stock?  Did it come that way or did you modify it yourself?

max
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, that's a nice looking rifle!

My "interpretation" of a M14/M1A DMR rifle is a Springfield Armory M1A that's wearing a synthetic stock that I filled the selector cut-out on and refinished with a black texturized finish. I used a Smith Enterprise scope mount to mount an EO-Tech 552 on the rifle.

I'll try to get a picture up in the next day or two...

Yeah, I really like your stock, especially the adjustable cheekpiece! What can you tell me about it?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:00:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Gotta know more about that cheek piece and how it was installed.Good things are hard to find.

Can you enlighten us????????????
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 7:30:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok guys, the cheekpiece was made by my shooting buddy.It is a thermoplastic that was molded around the stock.The hardware goes into the cleaning kit compartment, so you don't have any hardware sticking out of the opposite side.The cheekpiece is sturdy and easy to adjust.

My buddy is selling them for $30.00 US, + shipping.

If you are interested in getting one, PM me with your contact info, and I will forward it to him.He has orders for around 10 or 12 right now.He has a batch being made right now, but I'm not sure how many are in this batch.I will be contacting him with orders tommorrow night.

Thanks!!!!

Regards, SKBY.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top