Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2009 4:57:09 AM EDT
Here she is:

I know that TECHNICALY she is not a carbine... yet... she will be after Christmas.  

This little whopper is made by D-Technik and imported by Czechpoint out of Knoxville TN

Shoots 7.65 browning.... aka 32 auto. I know boys, pick up your jaws from the floor, it's almost too much for a single man to handle.

Shot just a few rounds through it yesterday, functioned flawlessly. I am throwing this one outhere because I am taken back by the quality of the little pistol / soon to be SBR'd carbine and I would like you to know about it.

Really nicely machined components, sturdy magazines and magazine attachment point inside the magwell. It has some fabulous and clean machinework done by the Czechs and my hats off to them. I now know why they wanted to do in house weapons rather than accept the ruskies weapons.

There is only one plastic component on the whole firearm and that's the safety. I would urge you SBR types to take a look into this one. Im happy as can be. I feel as though I bought a quality firearm that is made to last.

Hope you enjoy the pics!

Here is the Form 1 Update:

And some moar pics pre SBR from a photo shoot.

5 months total work for the project. Dang unique SBR

Link Posted: 11/22/2009 5:20:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Then you should like this!  

Link Posted: 11/23/2009 9:53:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Why did you post that?  Now I want a SBRed one with a suppressor.  Dammit!  

Camera work was pretty impressive!
Link Posted: 11/24/2009 3:39:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Great video!
Link Posted: 11/29/2009 2:04:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Where did you purcase yours?????
Link Posted: 11/30/2009 10:16:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Damn.  I need one of those.
Link Posted: 11/30/2009 10:24:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/30/2009 10:37:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Hmmm... Nice.

Although the top ejection and reciprocating bolt handles/buttons on both sides would make a brass-catcher and using it for er... "political work" somewhat dicey.
Link Posted: 11/30/2009 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#8]
finally got to shoot mine this weekend.

thoughts:

1.  Fun gun.
2.  Needs a can.
3.  Needs to be SBRd.
4.  Very well built.
5.  Surprisingly light trigger pull.

No comment on accuracy yet, but I can say it was shooting about 2 feet high at 50 yards out of the box.  I ran out of light before I could really shoot any groups.

I shot some 71gr FMJ reloads and some 80 gr cast lead reloads and had zero malfs.  The ejection is very consistent, tossing the empties about 6 feet up directly over your head and back about 4 feet.

A brass catcher WOULD be nice as I reload and finding the tiny little .32 brass in the grass sucks.

While .32 is no sledge hammer, it penetrates pretty well for its size and I wouldn't want to take one in the chest.
Link Posted: 12/1/2009 9:45:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
finally got to shoot mine this weekend.

thoughts:

1.  Fun gun.
2.  Needs a can.
3.  Needs to be SBRd.
4.  Very well built.
5.  Surprisingly light trigger pull.

No comment on accuracy yet, but I can say it was shooting about 2 feet high at 50 yards out of the box.  I ran out of light before I could really shoot any groups.

I shot some 71gr FMJ reloads and some 80 gr cast lead reloads and had zero malfs.  The ejection is very consistent, tossing the empties about 6 feet up directly over your head and back about 4 feet.

A brass catcher WOULD be nice as I reload and finding the tiny little .32 brass in the grass sucks.

While .32 is no sledge hammer, it penetrates pretty well for its size and I wouldn't want to take one in the chest.

If you're using 30 round magazines, just shoot six times and call it a day
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJixsX5sVLo

I'll be in my bunk.......
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:20:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Having fired a real live post sample Skorpian with a can, I can say they are fun!  My buddy who remanufactured it welded two 20 round mags together for a capacity of like 34-36 rounds.  That thing was such a bullet hose and it ejected empties straight up, you could empty a mag before the first round oe brass hit the ground!  it was fun to play with, but he had too many other toys that day, including a Mi Thompson, so it didn't get a real workout!  i kind of wish I had fired it semi some jus tto play with it a bit more!

I bet that little SBR will be fun!

Link Posted: 12/24/2009 7:34:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Now I'm really thirsty and want that gun.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I absolutely love mine, having originally bought primarily as a "must have" firearm since I've liked it for so long.

I paid $636 otd for mine a few months after they hit the market and have so far put maybe 500 rounds through it, with no failures of any kind.   It groups about softball size at 25 yards (my fault) and routinely can hit a 20 gallon propane size target at 100 yards.   Except for the cost of .32acp, I would love to shoot it a lot more.

Link Posted: 1/21/2010 5:30:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/25/2010 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I almost had a disaster last trip.

I was shooting some imported .32 acp and fired a round that didnt eject... it got caught in between the front of the barrel and the chamber. The bolt telescopes over the barrel a bit and the shell got trapped in this area.

I fiddled around until I got the casing out, and then tried to chamber a new round... no dice it wouldn't chamber. I then tried again and no dice.

The last round was a squib and plugged the barrel with a .32 round right in front of the chamber!

I didnt notice the change in firing noise because I was hammering away at a target relatively rapidly.

I am glad It didnt push the round a little further otherwise it would have let me chamber the next round and then I woulda had a KB!

No fault of the scorpion though.

It was PRVI PRTSAN ammo.
Link Posted: 1/25/2010 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I have wanted to SBR one of those for a long time. Will probably pick one up once I have a steady income again.
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 7:27:53 PM EDT
[#17]
sbr would be the only way to go for me they are sooo cool.
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 4:11:26 AM EDT
[#18]
I sent off my FORM 1 and the check was cashed last monday.

Link Posted: 4/2/2010 10:16:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow. That was really well done.

I had no interest in these. Now I want one!

+1  I though CZ was crazy when I saw they were bringing out a version of this gun (their retail price is still a bit steep), but that video makes it look ridiculously sweet!  Too bad I'm broke from buying guns and accessories I actually need for social purposes...
Link Posted: 4/6/2010 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#20]
I want one as an SBR. It's such a cool little gun.
Link Posted: 4/6/2010 7:42:44 PM EDT
[#21]
In this book, the bad guys use Skorpions in the beginning.

Link Posted: 4/6/2010 8:04:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Why did you post that?  Now I want a SBRed one with a suppressor.  Dammit!  

Camera work Was pretty impressive!

NFA is too addictive.

Now how many extra hours am I going to have to schedule myself for?

ETA:

Link Posted: 4/7/2010 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Im still waiting on my Form 1 and trying to get a rail system worked out.

Im on the CUSP of having a Rail just forward of the front sight that allows you to see over the rail when not in use. When you mount up an optic bam your ready to go.

Ill post pics when I have this accomplished but the things i need are on backorder.

Link Posted: 5/1/2010 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Great, now I want one.

Too bad they won't import the 9x18 version.
Link Posted: 5/2/2010 8:21:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I almost had a disaster last trip.

It was PRVI PRTSAN ammo.

great...I just bought mine a month ago and am sitting on a case of that stuff waiting to take it out

prvi is supposed to be good stuff, so I am not too worried, squibs can happen with any manufacturer.
Link Posted: 6/6/2010 11:30:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Sexy! Can't wait to see the finished project. That is such a neat little machine pistol. I might just have to SBR one someday.
Link Posted: 6/10/2010 8:14:35 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Like, very much.

Link Posted: 6/10/2010 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#28]
I have always loved the way these guns look. Someday I'll have the SBR version of that gun.
Link Posted: 7/8/2010 12:40:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Ta Da

TNVC SAR3P with spacer made of two layers of heat shrink.

It also reverses to go under the receiver and would make a good light rail. It can be oriented both facing forward and facing backwards in the light application.

Link Posted: 7/12/2010 1:05:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Once I sell my 32. I will never own anything in this junk round again.  Semi rimed auto., what was I thinking?
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 8:54:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#32]
The skorpions curved magazine stack the round in such a way that the weapon wont rimlock.

Just FYI. :)
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:31:44 AM EDT
[#33]
On an ATF form 1

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:05:44 PM EDT
[#34]
How did you attach the stock to it?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#35]
That plate is a dovetail plate installed by Waffen Werks. I then ordered a wire stock and installed it at home. :)
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
That plate is a dovetail plate installed by Waffen Werks. I then ordered a wire stock and installed it at home. :)

You have a contact number or website info?

CSF

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#37]
http://www.waffenwerks.com/

They can install the dovetail while you wait for your Form 1. They checked with the ATF and the dovetail doesn't constitute any type of NFA item.

Waffen Werks was great to deal with and quick to respond to emails. They are the importer of the VZ61 so they have the knowledge to do the work and they do it well.

Once your form 1 comes in order a stock from Czechpoint.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:40:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:31:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Those little sneaky barstards are infamous around here for having been used by terrorists during the Lead Years.

But they were full auto guns, and they have a meaning that way. Same as the MAC 11 in .380..

I don't really see a reason for spending 600 dollars for that - in semiauto - other than for the novelty factor.

Oh, and not considering the tax stamp..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top