Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 1/1/2004 4:19:32 PM EDT
Was very disappointed. The short shells tend to tumble in the chamber, sometimes ending up facing the wrong way. You have to pump it real fast, and even then it's no guarantee.

Does anyone know what I can do about this?
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:40:09 PM EDT
Not much.

The Model 37 is an "old school" design that was carefully designed to work with standard shot shells.

The new short shells didn't exist back then, and the gun was built to be totally reliable with the standard shells.

There's a possibility a good gunsmith might be able to improve the feeding, but this would likely be costly, and with no guarantee's it would work any better.

Sorry, not all guns "like" all types/brands of ammo, especially ammo they were never intended to be used with.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:47:51 PM EDT
Many people have stated the minishells were reliable in their 37s, so I was wondering if any 37 owners could chip in.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 4:02:08 PM EDT
Maybe the shell lifter or something needs to be swapped out/modded.  I think 870s had to ahve the shell lifter fixed for these shells to work.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 5:54:54 PM EDT
I have tried with no success to get the minishells to work in my Model 37, Military & Police and Stakeout, all with no luck -- same problem, the little buggers keep getting turned around the wrong way.  I've given up on them.
Top Top