Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2010 11:18:57 AM EDT

I finally got my FAL put together (IAI M-444 all Imbel rifle). I’ve had it for a number of years, but hadn’t shot it for a while because I took the EOTech off it for my machinegun and because it was so unbelievably loud with the muzzle break it had on it. It also was a little long with a 20+ inch bbl plus the muzzle break.

Here’s how it looked when I first bought it way back in 2001:

GAP doesn’t normally do this kind of work, but since they’re local I begged them to do it so I wouldn’t have to mess with shipping it somewhere. Big thanks to them for taking this on. They chopped the bbl to 16”, threaded the bizarre backwards threads and put the flash hider mount on it.

Anyways, when I bought my 30 cal can I decided to get one that would be able to mount on multiple rifles. It’s a 762SD can from AAC. On my bolt gun it’s ear safe with supersonic ammo (sounds like a .22). We’ll see how loud it is on the auto loader. I’m a little worried that it will still be pretty loud with the sound of the action cycling and a little worried that it won’t have enough backpressure to cycle reliably.

I’ll be taking it to the range ASAP, will post a range report as soon as I do.

Shawn

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 11:30:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice freaking stick
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 11:44:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 12:17:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I like it!
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 12:55:43 PM EDT
[#4]
That thing is sexy!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 1:25:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice setup, should post some vids shooting, wonder how the FAL sounds suppressed.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm thinkin of gettin a 30cal can too.  I was lookin at the Gemtech that has the QD mounts.

I would think with a suppressed FAL eventually you'll find a gas setting that would work.  I have heard that sometimes you need to open the port  abit.

Let us know how it works out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:15:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#8]
The can will up your back pressure significantly.  You might want to open it up all the way and work backward...opposite of how the manual calls for setting the gas regulator.  Shooting it without the can will probably need the regulator closed or pretty close to cycle.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#9]
even at the highest vent It will still beat the gun apart. There is someone on here who opened up  his gas port. Hes says it cycles awesome. I haven't done it yet i just got one of those rubber tings fro buffer tech and it seems to decrease the recoil
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh man..... that is way cool.

I used my Aimpoint on my FAL for a few years and thought it worked out
really well.

I need to get another Aimpoint for the FAL.

I'd love to see / hear video of you shooting your surpressed FAL.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:49:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Tag for video/range report
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:30:30 PM EDT
[#12]
That is awesome, that being said, I know my fal is already heavy, I can not imagine mounting a can that far out...I bet it stays on target well!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Kick ass!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top