Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 4/4/2006 5:34:05 PM EDT
Got a Bobcat a few weeks ago, here are a few pics....

Observations
Its very light
It feels like I can break it
Very fun and addicting to shoot, easily my fave rifle
It fails to extract and I dont know why
The safety is very mushy and not reassuring, and if I push on it from one side, I can see about a quarter inch gap between the receiver and fire selector on the opposite side.
It came with a 30rd magazine, obviously used
The bolt looked like it had been fired before, everything else was clean
It came with a gold extractor.
I used ammo they said not to, The Remington UMC

Until I pick up some ammo and a known good magazine I wont be able to troubleshoot, and I wont be able to do that until I get back from the desert later this year.

I have questions for those with a bobcat

Is your safety the same way? mushy?
What ammunition do you use?
Where do you get your magazines?

Thanks- I plan on getting it SBRed as soon as I get back
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:21:53 PM EDT
Pertaining to any problems you have: If they bother you that much(Which they should, mind you) Bobcat has their lifetime warranty there for that reason. True HK Mags will go a long way for you. Otherwise, I love the rifle and I am actually getting one to compliment my MP5K-PDW. Too Cool.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:01:45 AM EDT
whats up wiht the funky selector? I guess you could fix the safety issues by getting a FA HK trigger pack.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:08:07 AM EDT
I would call Bobcat and ask them to fix the extraction problem and to look at the selector/grip housing fit.

If you don't want to go throughth ehassle, you can get a new extractor spring for about $10. Get the silver coloered one, which is a lot stiffer than the copper colored one. The silver one is actually for rifle caliber bolt heads, but they work really well in 9mm bolts, and last longer then the copper colored ones. That should fix your extraction problems.

You should also check the bolt gap before you send it back to Bobcat. The bolt gap should be between 0.25 and 0.5 milimeters (0.01 and 0.02 inches). To check the bolt gap (be sure the gun is unloaded!!!) look down into the magazine well, and with the hammer forward (not cocked), check the gap between the bolt and the bolt carrier with a feeler gage. I got a set of gages for less than $20. If the gap is out of spec, you will have ejection problems, and Bobcat should fix it.

I wouldn't be too concerned about a mushy selector lever, but you could always complain about it and see if Bobcat will fix it for you.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:09:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By davidp14:
whats up wiht the funky selector? I guess you could fix the safety issues by getting a FA HK trigger pack.

That selector is the "extended" selector, and they are fairly desirable.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:40:16 AM EDT
I find most people shoot Winchester white box 115 Gr 9mm ammo.

It looks like you have a nice gun there!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:25:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CZ-75Jeff:

Originally Posted By davidp14:

That selector is the "extended" selector, and they are fairly desirable.

They're fairly desirable when they're HK.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:45:59 PM EDT
Thanks for the heads up guys, Ill let you know what I end up doing in about 5 months.

So where are you guys getting your mags from?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:04:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By retrainthechimp:
Thanks for the heads up guys, Ill let you know what I end up doing in about 5 months.

So where are you guys getting your mags from?

i got all mine off hkpro.com
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:13:47 PM EDT
Check the EE for hk mags sometimes you can find them for 35- 40 per mag.
-jls7
Top Top