Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2006 5:48:09 PM EDT
out in the rain.  Went out shooting yesterday morning.  It was raining a little.  Got home, too tired to clean. Went to check it out, and it has rust all over.  My ARs are all fine though.  

I disassemble the barrel and the tube extention and was able to scrub off the rust with a bronze brush and CLP.

Anyways, I'm having trouble removing the internals.  I cant get the part where you put your thumb to pull back the action off.  Since I cant remove that, the internals wont slide out.

Also, the factory tube magazine.  Does that come off, or is it stuck on the receiver?  The inside is a little rusty.  I was able to clean what I could through the loading port and out the front.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:44:57 PM EDT
[#1]
yup the tube comes off just unscrew it......and to pull out the internals you gotta yank out the charging knob....pull it straight out and the bolt will slide right out
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:06:21 AM EDT
[#2]
coat it in CLP and that should never happen again.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:09:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
yup the tube comes off just unscrew it......and to pull out the internals you gotta yank out the charging knob....pull it straight out and the bolt will slide right out

so just yank it straight out?  It's a little wiggly, but it wont come loose.  I'm tempted to try pliers, but i dont want to mess it up.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:14:50 AM EDT
[#4]
yup just grab it with a towel...and give it a good yank
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top