Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2018 10:37:00 AM EDT
Just picked up a Ruger American ranch in 7.62x39 and was contemplating putting a brake on it. Anyone have suggestions as to models to look at ? I have experience with brakes in other caliber but not this rifle caliber combination.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 5:23:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I've always heard the dead air breaks are super effective without the can, i personally don't know cause my can is always on
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 9:40:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Pick your favorite 5/8x24 muzzle break and screw it on.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I really like the anchor brake at the end of my SilencerCo Omega! Seriously though the 7.62x39 doesn't have a ton of recoil so I'd pick one that you feel is a decent price and looks the way you want. Also reference the .30 Caliber Muzzle Brake Shootout conducted by The Truth About Guns LINK HERE.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Whichever one mounts your silencer.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 8:59:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Whichever one mounts your silencer.
View Quote
This. Mine has a SilencerCo ASR brake to go with my Specwar 762.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 9:40:55 PM EDT
[#6]
My YHM brake for my 30 cal can works great on mine. I rarely shoot it without the can, but when I do, it surprises me at how well it works. A couple of weeks ago, I was shooting at our local range - the guy next to me was blasting away with a 7.5" AR pistol and the blast was killing me - so I took  my can off and repaid him in kind. He picked up his crap and moved several lanes down the range to get away from the blast...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top