Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2006 6:01:44 PM EDT
Anyone know where to pick up some Multicam M4 Mag pouches?  I need them for my Eagle Plate Carrier.  Triad Tactical is sold out and SKD doesn't seem to carry them.  So does anyone else carry them?

Plus could use some Multicam Pistol (1911) mag pouches.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:14:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw them.  Couple Question:

1.)  How well do the HSGI Multicam match up with Eagle Multicam?

2.)  Opinions of Velcro (Eagle) vs Plastic Clip Thing (HSGI).
 - My concerns of Velcro = Loud
 - Plastic Clip Thing = Takes too long to unclip in stressful situation.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Any thoughts?

I've had the SKD Universal Mag Pouches. The fastex (Plastic clip thing) clip is a pain. The velcro is velcro. But, go with Eagle, unless you think you'll have multiple mags. Then go with HSGI. Wait for Eagle. Worth it. Or you can always get custom ones.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I really "want" the eagle mag pouches.  Guess I'll just have to wait around for them.  I'd wish the manufacturers would crank up the production on them
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#6]
send them emails.
They are not clairvoient.  
They wont know we want more if we dont ask, because sometimes sales enough dont do it.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#7]
hehe, I've already asked Triad and they said they have them on order, but don't know when they will come in.  Never seen them listed on SKD's site at all.  Hopefully he's got some on order as well.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Any thoughts?

1. All real Multicam material (which Eagle and HSGI use) come from the same source. The only difference is the type of material, Cordura or Nylon/cotton. There maybe very slight shade differences between the rolls the materials come from but this is true of all fabric.

2. First of all the HSGI Universal rifle and Universal pistol magazine pouches have a buckle AND velcro. There is an extra piece of velcro to cover the one sewn on the front so that you may use the pouch without the velcro if you choose. The buckle is also stapled down for easy one handed use. These factors make for a versatile pouch.

Your concerns about velcro have been covered many times. If you have to change magazines in a stressful situation you probably have bigger problems and the sound of velcro will be the last of your concerns. I don't mean to sound so harsh but many people (ie. airsofters) have been flamed in the past for making the velcro noise comment. The only problem that I've personally run into about velcro is in the past I've had some gloves take a beating from touching it. This of course only applys to gloves with material that I call "velcro compatible."

If velcro and buckles still bother you then you can always get the Esstac Adjustable depth M4 pouch with bungee. That being said I have the HSGI Universal Pistol pouch, HSGI Universal Rifle pouch, Esstac Pistol Magazine pouch and Esstac M4 Adjustable with Bungee. The HSGI stuff is probably my favorite overall.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:21:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Get velco pouches dude, fastex is a bitch to get closed with any amount of speed.  Velcro is damn near self closing.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:32:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
There has been a difference in the color of the Cordura coming from Crye.  The material was changed to improve the IR sig. which made of for a lighter colored material.  You can really see the difference between the Drag Bag and the Kifaru in this thread

Multicam goodness

I have stocked the M4 single, M4 double and Meds in Multicam in the past.  If I understand correctly, I have a large order of Multicam products in route right now.  I have most of the pouches that I carry ordered in MC, but not all.

Make sure to keep some of the Eagles  held back for me cause I need to pick some up.
That include 1911 pistol mags?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:25:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:14:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Le bump...

TS
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 1:21:01 AM EDT
[#14]
I have multicam mag pouches from Eagle,TT,and HSGI. I think the HSGI are the best all-around mag pouches. I also like the TT singles for certain applications. My least favorite are the Eagle pouches. IMO, they are also not built nearly as well. Almost brand new, I have at least 2 molle straps with stitching coming out. 10-15 yrs ago,Eagle was the shit, but now it's not hard to get better stuff.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:15:39 PM EDT
[#15]
The TT are starting to grow on me.  I really like the Bungee retension on them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top