Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 2/6/2006 5:48:00 PM EDT
Just sharing a post I did on another forum...

I really like the Leatherman Wave (and varients), and I think their probably the most size efficient for what you get.  One of the more robust multitools IMHO, is the Swiss Tool, and it aslo has the best, and most useable leather-punch awl.

My Gerber was free, and the best features are the scissors and the hex-socket adapter that takes regular-sized bits.

I couldn't find my older Leatherman PSII, but the original Wave was probably the most size-effecient for what you get. My EDC has been the newer Charge with the accessory bits (which are Leatherman proprietary, and small)...no complaints so far, but I don't care for the scissors (their very tiny), and I don't care for the mini-screw driver adapter.

Kershaw and Leatherman (the Crunch) are pretty good "locking" pliers (vice-grips), the Crunch being much smaller when folded. Both have fewer tool options other than a blade, locking pliers and a couple other tools.

My choice would be either a Leatherman wave style or the Swiss Tool. I can't comment too much on the SOG varieties other than my older SOG Tool Clip, which is built like a tank, but not as versatile as the new types.  

For EDC, I've been with Leatherman for some time, and more recently upgraged to the Charge...even if you're not carrying a leatherman, I would get their pouch (only about $5.00) for any similar-sized multitool. The pouch makes any multitool a belt-ready kit.  Mine has a DMT mini sharpener in the back pouch, and a small ferro rod on one side and a small AAA LED on the other.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Swiss Tool & Gerber is my choice (have both). IMHO Swiss Tool is highest quality multi-tool for dayly (use/abuse)
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:23:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the SOGs.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top