Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2002 7:32:09 PM EDT
Good day,

Anyone here from Vegas?  I will be relocating there later this month and I was wondering if there are any locals who would be willing to share some info about the area.  Things like. . . :  Good gun shops, or perhaps more important, ones to stay away from.  Good indoor shooting ranges.  Gun or pawn shops that offer the best deals.  Ones that are knowledgeable in these “assault” rifles I dig on so much.  Any FFL’s you can recommend for out-of-state transfers.  And how about outdoor shooting?  Can one just drive out ten miles into the desert and go at it?  I’ve read up on the CCW laws, etc so I think I know about that unless there’s been some dramatic change recently.  But how about the general gun “culture”, for lack of a better word.  Any good gun clubs you could recommend?  Any formal or informal shoots that take place around there?   Just any and all info you could provide that would be helpful to a gun enthusiast moving to the area.  Thank you in advance.

Ratspawn
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Ratspawn, email me and I'll give you a heads up on stuff you want to know, I'm in Vegas

[email protected]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to Nevada!
Do it everyone else is :)
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 8:27:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I like Vegas a lot. It is a great place to visit. If I were to move there I would have to own a jeep and spend large amounts of time in the desert driving over things, because after you get past the glitzy hotels I am not seeing much. Vegas (the strip) is a great place to have a meeting and a wonderful string of dinners during the week of your conference.

I am sure there are several folks on here who will set me straight on this.

Link Posted: 6/14/2002 8:33:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome to Las Vegas. The place is fairly gun friendly. I live on the southeast side of town so I'm most familiar with the gunshops down there. Discount Firearms is good. They have a decent indoor range and prices. Center Mass has some nice toys (M16's and HK's)and the owner is an ex Ranger and a good guy. They will both do out of state transfers although lately they will only accept them from FFL's. They are both found on Boulder Hwy in Henderson. Boulder City gun club has a free range and a private one for members and organized shooting events. Desert sportsman rifle and pistol club is on the extreme other side of the valley and has a pretty good setup with a fair amout of organized events. There are places out in the desert you can still shoot but its not as wide open as it used to be. You pretty much have to get out of Clark Co. to shoot now. Let me know if you have any more specific questions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top