Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2002 10:32:38 AM EDT
My wife transfered down south in January and have been doing the dual residence thing.Its been rough without the kids and the old lady around and traveling every two weeks to see them.My transfer went through on friday and I am relocating to Lake Worth Fla. Any decent ranges in the area(100 + yds?)? Also, any advice on local gunshops would be appreciated.Also, I'll be needing some new shooting buds so please feel free to sound off.Thanks
Goodbye Nazi Jersey! Soon to be free in the pro gun classic state!
                    Synweap223
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My wife transfered down south in January and have been doing the dual residence thing.Its been rough without the kids and the old lady around and traveling every two weeks to see them.My transfer went through on friday and I am relocating to Lake Worth Fla. Any decent ranges in the area(100 + yds?)? Also, any advice on local gunshops would be appreciated.Also, I'll be needing some new shooting buds so please feel free to sound off.Thanks
Goodbye Nazi Jersey! Soon to be free in the pro gun classic state!
                    Synweap223

Know EXACTLY what you mean!!  Listed my house in PRK today, we're moving to Idaho where my wife grew up before the end of June.  My shooting range will begin about 50 feet east of the back door.

When I lived in Texas, my favorite was Quail Creek...take I35W north from FW, exit FM1171, go left back over the freeway and follow the dirt road for about 100 yards to the Quail Creek gate.  They're ar-friendly, there's a real good bunch of guys who shoot skeet every Sunday at 9, and the pistol range is not bad. Downer is no fmj for rifles, though most ranges went to that policy toward the end of my time in TX.  You will love that state!  It is a completely different state of mind.  Good luck on your move.

Range I'd definitely avoid is the Winchester range off Northwest Highway in Irving...for some reason (that they never could explain to me), "military rifles" are not allowed, obviously including AR-anything.  OTOH, military pistols (1911, HP, etc.) have no problem.  Screw them.

-hanko

Edit to say my head was obviously part way up my butt on this reply...I saw the 'Lake Worth' but not the Florida.  Beer intake has been stopped.

-hanko
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 6:44:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Lived down there for 18 years before moving out of Palm Beach County- a close place (right off I-95, in Lake Worth) for PISTOL (indoor) is the Palm Beach Shooting Center.  Check the local yellow pages once you settle in.

As for the 100yd rifle range, there is a private club called the Bonnet Hunt Club.  They are in northern Palm Beach County, and will be about a 30 minute drive.  They should also be in the yellow pages.

It has been 7 years since I have been there, so I am not current on their rules and regs- call and ask.  Good luck with the move, and congrats on moving to a free state.  May I suggest applying for your Concealed Weapon License?  
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Synweap, welcome to South Florida! There are lots of indoor ranges in Palm Beach/Broward/Dade counties. My fave outdoor range is Markham Park in northern Broward County (at the intersection of I75 & 595), should be about 30-40 min from you. 100-yard range with prolly 30-40 positions -- it often hosted the Chevy Sportsman's Challenge annual matches. Hopefully the Sporting Clays types won't take it over .....

Yes, get your FL CCW -- and start thinking of C3. There's a very active MG scene here (several shoots and subgun competitions every month). Just bring money, LOL!
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 9:53:58 PM EDT
[#4]
You'll find a host of indoor and oudoor ranges available in Palm Beach and Broward counties.  To get the real skinny on the entire Florida scene, log onto Florida Shooters Network.  Lots of good people and lots of good info.

pub49.ezboard.com/bfloridashootersnetwork

Moe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top