Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2010 8:05:43 AM EDT
I have several stamps and I will be moving soon.  Not out of State, but just down the road, so the address will be changing.

Anyone have a copy of a good letter to use to notify the NFA Branch of my new address?  Do I have to send in a letter for each item, or can I just send one letter that says the Brazos Trust is moving to this address and list all the serial numbers?

I will be sending two copies and asking to have one returned stamped "recieved".

Any advice?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:22:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Fill out a 5320.20 with all your NFA items listed and check "No" in block 2 since you will not be retuning to the same address.  I believe you can list up to 3 on each form, so if you have more than that, just fill out an additional form.  

Address is:
Director, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
244 Needy Road
Martinsburg, WV 25405
(Attention: NFA Branch)
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:31:43 AM EDT
[#2]
For the record, no notification is required if you are not moving out of state. It is suggested, but not legally required.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 1:07:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
For the record, no notification is required if you are not moving out of state. It is suggested, but not legally required.

Just don't tell that to an ATF Inspector.  They seem to think one is required when you move less than a mile and a half away, in the same town.  The end result was me having to fill out a stack of 5320.20's.  I got writer's cramps from all that unnecessary bullshit.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just don't tell that to an ATF Inspector.  They seem to think one is required when you move less than a mile and a half away, in the same town.  The end result was me having to fill out a stack of 5320.20's.  I got writer's cramps from all that unnecessary bullshit.

they like to make up the rules as they go.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:00:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

they like to make up the rules as they go.

Ain't that the truth!  I used to work for a Type 07 / Class 2.  The same Inspector who told me the above info told me some other intersting info that was patently false.  Not to mention, he came to me to ask questions and when the ATF set up at the local gun shows, he sent people over to talk to me when they had any NFA questions.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top