Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/21/2008 10:49:32 AM EDT
Does anyone here have any experience with purchasing a Class III Item in one state with a trust, then moving across state lines and using the same trust (now being an out-of-state trust) to purchase anything in your new state?  Is this something perfectly acceptable, or would you have to, say, form a new trust in your new state of residence to do transfers with?
Link Posted: 6/21/2008 10:54:14 PM EDT
Good question.   I'd like to know the answer to this one as well.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 2:39:27 AM EDT
The way I understand it, you must make sure your trust complies with the laws in your new state, and it will just move with you. Some states require registration, so if you mved to one of them you'd have to reqister it there. If you don't do all thi your trust would become invalid, which would be a bad thing for you and your NFA toys. You just buy new stuff the same way you did before.
That's how I understand it. I'm not a lawyer.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:54:52 PM EDT
Top Top