Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2003 3:06:14 PM EDT
I'm looking to get a Rem 870 soon (probably from Vang) and would like to mount a holosight on it. I've got EO Techs on both my HK-94 and AR-15 so I would prefer to keep things consistent. The only mount I'm aware of would is available from B-Square though I'm a bit hesitant to use any mount that isn't welded to the firearm itself (I may see if Vang can weld a rail to the top of the receiver).

Does anyone have any experience mounting a red dot on their shotgun and, if so, how did you mount it?

TIA
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:24:43 PM EDT
[#1]
They dont list it on their website, but I know GG&G in Tucson installs Picatinny rails on shotgun recievers.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info Lumpy. Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#3]
BTW, I was just looking through Vang's new catalog (I've pretty much decided to get my shotgun through them) and they offer a receiver mounted rail so it looks like I can get everything I want from the same place I figure I can get their LPA rear sight mounted on the rail and mount the EO Tech as far forward on the rail as possible. BTW, their rail just screws right into the receiver itself so that seems like it would be pretty stable to me when compared to some whacky B-Square mount.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:26:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Moss 590 which was already tapped.  All I had to do is buy the rail and screw it in.

Sorry I couldn't help but do like my Red Dot. Idea is OO with slugs in the speed loader.

Tj
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top