Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2001 3:39:41 PM EDT
Hey, I just got a harris for my Ruger 10 22 (standard barrel setup) and for anyone who has attempted this, you probably know my problem aleady.  The problem is, the sling mount on the standard 10/22 is the swivel type, and hangs down from the barrel/stock clamp.  I either need to make an object to place between the bipod and the stock, so that I can level the thing out.  I tried mounting it (it sits on an angle because the swiveling stud hangs down quite low) and even when I tighten the screw that allows how easily the stud swivels, I cant tighten it enough to prevent the whole bipod from shifting when opening/closing the legs, because when I do that, the damn stud moves too.  Even with the screw torqued as much as I can with a regular screw driver.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 3:50:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I am not 100% sure of this but I believe you need to buy and adapter for the bipod to fit on your 10/22. I had to purchase a #5 adapter for my AR.

Try Harris' website for instructions or details on mounting to a 10/22.

If there is nothing there on it drop them an E-mail.

Link Posted: 11/17/2001 6:48:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Or for $60 get a whole Butler Creek stock with dual sling studs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top