Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2002 3:19:56 PM EDT
Im so used to shooting my M4 fully collapsed that I really want to get some type of a pistolgrip buttstock for my 590 that is shorter than normal.  I currently have a Chote pistolgrip stock, but other than taking off the recoil pad what are my option?

Fred Lucas
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 3:33:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 4:42:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been told that you can swap out the standard Mossberg 500/590 stock for the Mossberg 500 Bantam stock and save about an inch.  IMHO, an inch would make a difference in how well the shotgun fits.  The length of pull on the 590 is a tad too long for me as well.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 4:43:37 PM EDT
[#3]
check this stock out
http://www.knoxx.com/
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Speedfeed makes a shorter stock but I don't remember if it is a pistol grip stock or a regular one.  Brownells would have it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 11:00:36 PM EDT
[#5]
If anyone from Mossy is on here -

What ape armed creature did you design your stocks for?

My god - a 590 is supposed to be a tac/combat SG - quick shouldering is a must.

FWIW - As soon as I got mine - I hacked the buttstock to all the way to the sling stud - @ 1.5" .

BTW - consider that the safety on a Mossy is located on top of the receiver - not really set up for a pistol grip stock.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 11:06:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If anyone from Mossy is on here -

What ape armed creature did you design your stocks for?

I resemble that remark.  My Mossy 590 fits me just fine. But then again, my wife says that I DO have monkey arms.

-Gloftoe
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Now I dont have a bunch of tools and such, but if you cut the stock off right to the sling swivel or even more, how do you deal with the mounting bolt?  Just hacksaw off the threaded end?  what if there aint enough threads left?
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#8]
btt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top