Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2006 4:13:21 PM EDT
What other Mossberg slug barrels (for hunting) fit on my 590?  I would think that it would but I was just wanting to make sure before I bought anything
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:15:41 AM EDT
[#1]
The 590 models use a different magazine tube and barrel nut.  I believe you would have to install a 500 magazine tube in order to install a sporting barrel.  On the 500, the barrel nut (actually bolt) is attached to barrel and screws directly into the magazine tube.  

You can probably buy a used 500 slug gun for the price of converting your 590.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#2]
THanks for the info.  Mossbergs are pretty cheap to buy.  I was looking around online after I posted and found some brand new 500's for $260 and slug barrels for about $115.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless you plan on using sabots, your 590A1 will work great with rifled slugs and the ghost ring sights.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#4]
What kind of accuracy difference is there between the 590 and the 500 or 835?  I have a weaver railf ro my 590, but the ATN red dot sight that was on it fell apart after about 10 slugs.  What kind of red dot would you recommend in the range of 250?  I say red dot because I want to keep it at least a little bit tactical while also making it practical.  Firearm Poetry haha.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top