Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2002 10:30:09 AM EDT
Just touching base with other owners to see about reliability problems, high wear parts,modifications, etc. I have a 5500 1st gen with a 24 in. cylinder bore barrel 3 in. chamber with rifle sights. As long as I feed it with full power ammo, it doesnt stop. Havent tried the reduced recoil loads yet, maybe next shooting session.I'm going to have the barrel shortened to 20 in. and ghost ring sights installed. Give me an idea of what spare parts I should invest in as well as the tactical mods you've done.Thanks
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 11:34:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a 9200 Jungle Gun for about 6 months. Between hunting, plinking, lending it to friends, and shooting skeet, I put approx 3k rounds thru it and never had a hiccup.  Always used the birdshot Wally World had on sale or S&B 00 buck for like $50/200 rounds.

The finish was well worn by the time I was done with it, but nothing broke or malfunctioned.  

Great gun for what it is, but I just dont have a real need for a scattergun.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 9:29:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the Jungle Gun still available?
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Mossberg discontinued all their semi-auto shotguns. Too bad they were pretty good guns and were affordable.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 5:08:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Bought a 9200 2 years ago.....one fellow in a particular shop told me they were a lot of trouble......the shop that was selling said he had one and it worked great....(yeah-of course)....anyhow..the price was right and it has lifetime warranty so-......first thing I did was stop off at the range...put a box of target loads through it...one right after the other.....not even a burp.....let the boy scouts use it for winter trap league....they loved it.....invested in a cantilever rifled barrel...and last season took a large botton with it....so damn accurate and light recoil....it`s a great shotgun....I did some reasearch before buying and only found positive feedback...except for the one dude....I do have a couple shotguns...but definitely love this one.....brownell`s (choat) sells a bbl extension kit for 5500/9200...that`s probably all there is to get to turn it into a hd or tac gun...of course you can go all out....but if you invest too much.....you outdo the guns value....
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 11:00:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Still have one after 5+yrs & have no complaints.  Replaced a cracked wood fore-arm but it was cracked when I bought it used (glued it together but ugly).  The bolt release broke also but Havlin Sales had the replacement.  A Choate 10rnd extension makes for a lot of fun blasting targets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top