Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/21/2005 2:36:02 PM EDT
I was given a beat-up Mossberg 500A and the action "bars" are wobbly as hell. Any fix?

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:25:49 PM EDT
remove the pins holding them to the slide. thread the holes and install screws
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:23:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By osprey21:
I was given a beat-up Mossberg 500A and the action "bars" are wobbly as hell. Any fix?

Holy Crap. Do I know what you mean. It doesn't effect function at all, but it makes you think it's a piece of crap. I hate it. Then I'll send three slugs into the same big hole at 50 yards and then I say "screw it - it's fine."

On a side note, be careful if you take this thing apart. I removed the pins from mine years ago and it was like the gun had explosive Poop and all the parts shot out the bottom.

R.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:33:55 AM EDT

I looked at this awhile back since it annoys me too. I tried fitting the slide closer to the mag tube,but that just increased slide friction when I pumped the action. Trying to shim up the holes in the receiver that the action bars run through also didn't work-it just caused jams. The last option that I didn't explore was checking the fit of the action bars into the bottom of the bolt carrier. The action bars themselves are quite tightly fit to the slide assembly on my Mossy. So I think the problem is in the fit of the bolt carrier/action bars
Top Top