Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2010 4:59:36 PM EDT
Has anyone taken off a barrel from the mossberg atr rifle? I was wondering what the thread size, length is.For those who don't know the barrel is held in place with a nut similair to the savage rifles. Figured it would be an easy rebarrel job.I am just thinking about a future rebarrel project. I would love to have a 6.5-06 again.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Threads are the same as a Savage.

You can swap the barrels between the two as long as you have the required equipment.

Personally I would sell the Mossberg and buy a Stevens 200.

There are a million more aftermarket options for a Stevens/Savage than the Mossberg. Anything and everything can be swapped between the Stevens 200 and a Savage, including stocks, triggers, bolt handles, pretty much everything. The Stevens 200's are a Savage without a accutrigger and nothing  more, nothing less. They also tend to be more uniform than most Savages because the Stevens 200's are sold "as machined" with no time on a buffing or sanding wheel to make them pretty.

Dolomite
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 1:35:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Threads are the same as a Savage.

You can swap the barrels between the two as long as you have the required equipment.

thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top