Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2009 1:20:39 PM EDT
This isn't constant but it's like the round is sitting to low in the magazine and the bolt can't reach.

This doesn't happen every time nor that often but can it be fixed?
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
This isn't constant but it's like the round is sitting to low in the magazine and the bolt can't reach.

This doesn't happen every time nor that often but can it be fixed?

Check to make sure the interrupter is moving freely.  You can also replace the mag spring and follower.  Its possible that its just because the spring is ancient.  

Buymilsurp

Also, how are you loading the magazine?  Especially how do the rims stack up on the cartridges?
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 2:17:52 PM EDT
[#2]
open bottom bend spring shoot...
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 3:55:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree with the above.Try bending the mag spring to put more upward pressure on the rounds.I had an M39 that had some feeding issues like this and it helped mine 100% by bending the mag spring.
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 4:11:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Check interrupter operation before bending anything. The interrupter may have wood shavings and or cosmolene built up around it binding it up. Rim location makes no difference once the rounds are in the mag. The interrupter allows the next round to "pop" up away from the other rounds in the mag for feeding. Rim location is important when loading strippers for ease of insertion into the rifle. Two of mine had this trouble and all it required was a little more cleaning around the interrupter to fix.
Link Posted: 7/10/2009 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#5]
The interrupter is where?
Link Posted: 7/10/2009 1:58:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The interrupter is where?

Inside of the receiver, right left side.  It acts as the ejector too.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 4:38:56 AM EDT
[#7]
The mosin mag box holds the top two rounds separate from each other, and from the remaining three. If you put 1 in and push it down alittle deep it will take two complete cycling of the bolt to bring that round up.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:17:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Is the interrupter the little spring-loaded doohickey that pops out and prevents rounds in the magazine from rising? Because that stupid thing prevents my mag from feeding half the time I load my M91/30. I have to reach in with a screwdriver or pocket knife to push it in so the round will feed; after that, it feeds fine.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:51:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is the interrupter the little spring-loaded doohickey that pops out and prevents rounds in the magazine from rising? Because that stupid thing prevents my mag from feeding half the time I load my M91/30. I have to reach in with a screwdriver or pocket knife to push it in so the round will feed; after that, it feeds fine.

Yep.  Either you have stuck cosmo/gunk or you need to bend the spring to exert more pressure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top