Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2012 3:22:57 PM EDT
Hey guys I have a few questions. I may possibly be trading for a PE sniper.  I found the listing on Armslist. It is listed as a numbers matching original with original scope. It's being sold for $800 or trade. Up for trade I have a Kimber Custom II, Springfield XD .40, 1895 Nagant revolver - Tula, Ministry of Defense marked, and a Romanian TTC. Obviously it isn't all of them, but perhaps a combination. The guy is supposed to be sending me detailed pictures of the rifle, scope mount, and scope to include serial numbers and proof marks

What do I need to be looking for, how rare are these things, and what is their approximate value. I really don't want to get rid of any guns but if this is a good trade it just might be worth it. What do you guys say?

Ok, just got a text from the guy. He doesn't know off hand the year or arsenal. Says it was already drilled and tapped for the PE scope mount. He bought a repro mount and an original PE scope. Says the scope looks unissued. The stock is late war laminated. That's all he knows off hand.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 4:01:07 PM EDT
Sounds way too good to be true. A genuine PE scope itself in unissued condition is worth well over 1k. Proceed with caution.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 4:01:32 PM EDT
Post some pics. Sounds like a repro, to me. An original PE scope, alone, is worth $800+. An all original PE sniper would be worth several thousand, if not ten thousand.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 4:14:21 PM EDT
I should be getting pictures tomorrow so I'll post them once I get them. Any ideas of what the value of a repro should be?
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 4:18:03 PM EDT
Quoted:
I should be getting pictures tomorrow so I'll post them once I get them. Any ideas of what the value of a repro should be?

Don't even bother wasting your money on a repro. You can buy a real PU sniper from Classic Arms for 600 bucks. RGUNs also has some from an earlier and IMO nicer batch for 800 bucks.

Link Posted: 10/9/2012 5:51:04 PM EDT
I've seen repro PEs sell for 6-800, so it would be priced on the high end of fair, in my opinion. It all depends on exactly what it is. If it was built from a correct ex-PE sniper, that would up the value a little bit, to some people. The scope, bolt and quality of the workmanship, as well as overall condition would also be factors, of course.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 6:59:12 PM EDT
$800 sounds more like a Repro PE. The Inter Ordnance repro PE's are pretty deceant but be leary of Garage build repro's.

If the rifle and scope are in refurb like new shape its a refurb, Original PE's are mostly imports out of Finland and are generally in used condition seldom found for less than $1500.
Top Top