Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 7:48:35 AM EST
I have 55g Hornady v-max Molly boolits. Do I use the same load data for non-molly bootits? The Hornady manual does not seem to diferentiate between them but I don't want a Kaboom either? Will be shooting in a match hbar with a 1-7 twist.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:52:13 AM EST
Originally Posted By Doernuth:
I have 55g Hornady v-max Molly boolits. Do I use the same load data for non-molly bootits? The Hornady manual does not seem to diferentiate between them but I don't want a Kaboom either? Will be shooting in a match hbar with a 1-7 twist.

Moly bullets will have slightly less MV and lower pressure than non-moly, assuming all else remains the same.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:58:53 AM EST
So if my tiny brain is calculating correctly I will need a slightly higher powder charge to properly work the action? The printed min charge may not suffice but will use as a starting point for loading.

Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:21:41 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:55:10 PM EST
Originally Posted By Doernuth:
So if my tiny brain is calculating correctly I will need a slightly higher powder charge to properly work the action? The printed min charge may not suffice but will use as a starting point for loading.

Thanks for the input.

You probably won't need to increase for reliable functioning. The velocity will come down maybe 50fps.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:14:03 AM EST
Thanks for the info. I will begin loading with these and some 50 gr v-max non molly and 68 gr bthp (all Hornady) this weekend. Should have the cases prepped by then.

Any good pet loads for Varget, Benchmark or H4895?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:20:49 AM EST
I've only used H335 with these, but 24.3gr of that made a killer load - about .5 MOA out of my 1/8 24" J&T.
Top Top