Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 11/15/2003 5:09:45 AM EDT
Folks,
What height rings to use? I plan to use IOR rings but was not sure if i should get the high or just the med ones.

Also, for those of you who bought the Starlight case from Samsclub, do you have any pics of how ya'll cut the foam to fit your rifle?? Just looking for some inspiration before i start chopping away.

Thanks, DD
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 10:59:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Standard foam is too "weak" for a heavy 50. Call Starlight and either get the Barrett insert or the sturdier foam.

You'll likely need the highest rings you can get, for a proper cheek weld. I had to use Badger ULTRA-High rings on mine to get a decent weld.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Standard foam is too "weak" for a heavy 50. Call Starlight and either get the Barrett insert or the sturdier foam.

You'll likely need the highest rings you can get, for a proper cheek weld. I had to use Badger ULTRA-High rings on mine to get a decent weld.

thank you sir.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top