Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/25/2004 7:32:14 AM EST
I went to the GRB show this weekend in Houston and there was a dealer who had a couple NIB Mini-14s (one stainless and the other blue) that had bayonet lugs and FS. Not that this alone would make me want to buy a Mini-14, I am glad to see that Ruger is producing rilfes again with evil features. Now all Ruger has to do is make the barrel a little heavier and chrome line it, put a factory folding stock on it, have Picatinny rales on top of the receiver for scope mounting, start producing good factory high cap mags, and do all of this with a less than %15 mark up on the new rifles. Then I may be interested in a Mini-14.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:38:47 AM EST
You should not hold your breath while waiting for Ruger to do any of this for the civilan market.

Those must be GB's that you saw. As far as I know they quit making those now.

Dennis Jenkins

Originally Posted By twistedcomrade:
I went to the GRB show this weekend in Houston and there was a dealer who had a couple NIB Mini-14s (one stainless and the other blue) that had bayonet lugs and FS. Not that this alone would make me want to buy a Mini-14, I am glad to see that Ruger is producing rilfes again with evil features. Now all Ruger has to do is make the barrel a little heavier and chrome line it, put a factory folding stock on it, have Picatinny rales on top of the receiver for scope mounting, start producing good factory high cap mags, and do all of this with a less than %15 mark up on the new rifles. Then I may be interested in a Mini-14.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:06:43 AM EST
I wouldn't be holding your breath, I don't think they are making GBs anymore. They might have been LEO ones.

Hope I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:08:15 AM EST
I think Ruger quit making the GB's because civilians can buy them now. I hope they make some more LEO 20 round magazines though.<G>

Dennis Jenkins

quote]Originally Posted By Currahee:
I wouldn't be holding your breath, I don't think they are making GBs anymore. They might have been LEO ones.

Hope I'm wrong.
Top Top