Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2002 9:22:23 AM EDT
Hope this is the right place to post this... Anyways, since I live in California and I missed the opportunity to get a AR-15 receiver, would the Mini-14 be the next best thing?  What parts and modifications to look for?  If not, what would be the next best .223 thing while staying CA happy?
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:36:36 AM EDT
[#1]
No. Mine is like an American AK with bad mags and no chromed barrel.

Bill Ruger is an evil genius.

-------
"Cry and let your grief out."
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:52:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Seems how you live in CALF. you may be better of with a sharpened stick all joking aside.They do make CALF legal AR lowers but they are single shot only with no mag wells.You'r best bet might be the MINI although not known for accuracy (3-4moa) if still legal in you'r state i'd jump on it,don't give the racher to much as a second look.Iron sights stink,get the basic MINI and bed the stock it helps with the accuracy load up on five and ten round mags,if you have a friend out side of CAlf try and get some PMI 20 rounders,(note doning so may be against the law in your area).I don't know if the install of a muzzel break is legal still or not though they are note realy needed.Alot of pepole will bad talk the MINI but when you picks are limited half of us would take one.Some of the ten shoot AKs may fet the bill to.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 10:08:38 AM EDT
[#3]
There are places that rebarrel mini, and gaurantee 1 moa.  I see their ads in the gun rags.  That would be my suggestion.

Good luck, and Come to Texas.

WL
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 10:41:30 AM EDT
[#4]
For a basic plinker got the the Blue and wood version for about $398.00.

Dont buy a Mini-14 if you plan to use optics, buy a Ruger Ranch Rifle instead, (which are more expensive and more diufficult to disassemble).

I'm sure you stocked up on PMI 20 & 30 round mags before the ban.

Ps..
An M1 Carbine is another good choice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top