User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2005 7:39:37 PM EDT
Any thoughts on these?

www.thecountryshed.com/mini-14_trirail_mounts.htm

Thanks,

J223...
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:41:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one with the light mount kit for my Mini. It was well made and almost functional. I had to do some filing on the under side of it since it kept hanging up on the slide assembly turning the Mini into a single shot by not chambering the next round. I finally got tired of trying to get it to work and sold it to someone with more patience. I also don't have much use for their customer service for when I contacted them about the problem the owner told me that I should just buy a new slide assembly to fix the problem. The rifle worked fine before I put his mount on and that was his solution.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the Ultimak rail because I can cowittness.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#3]
What are you cowitnessing using the Ultimak?

I found that when using Leupold Low and Med. height rings part of the rear blade would intrude into the optical sight picture, which sucked big time.   Getting the irons and glass cowittnessed is a physical impossibility.

Leupold High rings raise the optic about .45 above the rail surface, and the rear sight blade is just below the optic field of view.  The irons are BELOW the optic LOS, period.  Shown is a Leupold 2.5X glass on my 182 series Mini-14 with Ultimak Scout rail.  The 7.62 Scout is wearing a Burris 2.75X in Leupold Low rings.  NEITHER system will allow "cowitnessing"...

Paladin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top