Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2008 4:09:38 PM EDT
I'm really wishing I would have invested more money in certain mil surps instead of other things I have bought in the last 2 or 3 years. I'm sure there area few others in my same boat.

My only real assualt rifle is a Russian AK that's too valuable to be putting a ton of rounds through and the only mil surp I bought was a Mosin for $75.

I remember coming across $100 SKS, Mauser, Mosin, Enfield and other rifles, but I didn't even think about what might become of them one day.

Well anyway, I'm going this weekend to see what I can get my hands on, hopfully not paying sky high prices.

Thoughts? Just wanted to get a conversation going about this, trying to figure out if anyone is kicking themselves for not seeing the writting on the wall and stocking up the way they needed to.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:35:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive spent the last 4 years getting all the rifles I wanted that I couldnt get my hands on during the last AWB. Ive got ammo but I wish I had more. Plus a few more mags for this and that.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#2]
You might have more luck poking around in here -
Curio & Relic Forum
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:05:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I remember $19.95 Mausers, by mail order even!
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I applied for and received my C&R about 6 years ago and started my milsurp buying. Enfields were first, followed by Mosins, Garands and a few Mausers. There are a few pieces that I would like to get. I need a Longbranch Enfield, IHC Garand, and maybe a German K98. I have been stocking up on ammo the whole time as well.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm really wishing I would have invested more money in certain mil surps instead of other things I have bought in the last 2 or 3 years. I'm sure there area few others in my same boat.

My only real assualt rifle is a Russian AK that's too valuable to be putting a ton of rounds through and the only mil surp I bought was a Mosin for $75.

I remember coming across $100 SKS, Mauser, Mosin, Enfield and other rifles, but I didn't even think about what might become of them one day.

Well anyway, I'm going this weekend to see what I can get my hands on, hopfully not paying sky high prices.

Thoughts? Just wanted to get a conversation going about this, trying to figure out if anyone is kicking themselves for not seeing the writting on the wall and stocking up the way they needed to.

How many thousands of dollars did you pay for your assault rifle?

Or, do you mean a carbine that is primarily suited to sport shooting, hunting, and self defense that has standard capacity magazines and features?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You have a select fire AK?  And you misspelled "assault".
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:16:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not select fire.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:21:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I see the terminology Nazis have struck in my topic! LOL

To clarify, by AR I do not mean a select or full automatic weapon. I use the terms AR and AK to describe AR-15 or semi auto AK's just as much as I would an M-4 or select fire AK. Anyway, the rifle in question is a VEPR.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 10:35:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I remember $19.95 Mausers, by mail order even!

You probably also remember dinosaurs wandering around.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I wish I had been old enough during the good ol days of mil-surp buying.  I really want a nice Enfield, Mauser, K31, and SKS.

Unfortunately the only sub $100 mil-surps you can find are beat up Mosins.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:44:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I wish I had been old enough during the good ol days of mil-surp buying.  I really want a nice Enfield, Mauser, K31, and SKS.

Unfortunately the only sub $100 mil-surps you can find are beat up Mosins.

Man, you sound lust like me. I'm just beating myself up for not doing what I knew I should do.

I remember when AWB sunset, I shouldn't have taken any chances.

On the bright side, 54r is pretty cheap, so maybe I'll get a 98 to go with the mosin carbine.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:32:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not select fire.

Then don't call it an assault rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top