Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/8/2002 1:19:35 PM EDT
Has Anyone done business with them? If so, how are they to deal with? Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 1:22:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 1:23:44 PM EDT
I used to order from them 5 or 6 years ago. I don't recall ever having any problems. Someone else may have more recent/in depth experience but I think they are a pretty good company. I'm not sure how their prices stack up anymore, though.

I know that probably isn't much help but no one else had chimed in yet.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 1:24:21 PM EDT
gunner-1
same here..me and my father use them quite a bit, ive had orders get to jersey 2-3 days after i order them.
pat
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 1:28:57 PM EDT
Midway USA is a good company to do business with

medcop
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 1:31:16 PM EDT
They had all my business when they used to have 'Free Shipping'...

They were always great to deal with...

For some reason, since they started charging for shipping, I stopped using them...
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:16:28 PM EDT

I *used* to do a lot of business with them a few years ago.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:58:04 PM EDT
Fast service, quality products, they do the NRA Roundup.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 3:05:59 PM EDT
I've placed about ten orders with them over the past year, and they've been great. The only time I had to contact their customer service was when I stupidly left-off something from my order. They sent the extra item postal mail and didn't charge me anything extra! I also like their online ordering. The "what other people bought that bought this product" links are very nice.z
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 3:44:36 PM EDT
Top notch, company. Quickest delivery time for any mail order company I've ever dealt with. They also seem to carry odd stuff that no one else carries. Big thumbs ups!
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 3:54:09 PM EDT
Get a C&R FFL and you can usually knock off 10-15% on every item.

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 4:41:42 PM EDT
I use them quite a bit and they are a fine company. Once I ordered a box of 500 308 Rem cases. When I got them I primed them and noticed I was 6 cases short. Really no big deal but I sent an email and next thing I knew I got a box of 20 in the mail along with an apology...ECS
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 4:47:16 PM EDT
If I recall, don't they have free shipping? Someone once showed me a place that was supposedly "lower" in cost, but they would stick it to you in shipping costs. I think some companies make a serious profit on shipping.

I've had only good luck with Midway, through mail order, online, and by phone.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 5:50:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Moondog:
If I recall, don't they have free shipping? Someone once showed me a place that was supposedly "lower" in cost, but they would stick it to you in shipping costs. I think some companies make a serious profit on shipping.

I've had only good luck with Midway, through mail order, online, and by phone.

I may be wrong as I haven't ordered from them in a couple years, but they no longer have free shipping I am told.

Too bad as that made thier prices on bullets and heavier items a deal.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:00:00 PM EDT
I order from them often, it always amazes me how fast they ship. It may just be that I am close to their location, but sometimes it seems like they read my mind and send my stuff before I order it. (OOOOOH....a new conspiracy theory!). They also offer a dealer discount if you are a licensed dealer. Nothing but praise for Midway from here.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:03:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CavVet:
They had all my business when they used to have 'Free Shipping'...

They were always great to deal with...

For some reason, since they started charging for shipping, I stopped using them...

When they started charging for shipping, Midway significantly reduced their prices. Dealer prices went down 5-15% (on the items that I've ordered since then).
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:46:15 PM EDT
I shopped Midway all the time and spent alot of money there until they started charging S&H. They didn't lower their prices enough to stay competative so now I shop around but they were great before the shipping changed.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:55:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:20:11 AM EDT
Thanks to everyone who responded. It sounds like Midway is a stand-up company that deserves my business.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:54:55 AM EDT
I've used them quite a bit. They have a lot of the reloading supplies and tools you could ever need. However, since they started charging the shipping, any order under $40 gets a $4 'small order fee' tacked on to it. So a $5 tool costs about $15 to get to my door! UGH. So now I have to wait until I need several things to avoid that small order fee.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:20:29 AM EDT
I also used to order from them quite often, until they started charging separately for shipping. As mentioned above, there's now also a small order fee.

In all fairness, though, they did drop prices when they changed their shipping policy. And I think they charge actual shipping, unlike most places who charge based on the order amount.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 12:16:59 PM EDT
I must have been blind, cause I'll be darned if I saw much of a price decrease in the "new" Midway catalogs. Actually, Potterfield made a big apology in a subsequent catalog about how little price decrease actually followed all their hype. I no longer use them, as I have found better prices elsewhere for my needs.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 1:54:44 PM EDT
Top rated, good stuff, and pretty fair prices.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 2:24:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:10:26 PM EDT

I buy more stuff from Graf & Sons now.

Good prices, free shipping (handling and ins is like $4.95) NO small order fee.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:42:51 PM EDT
I also use to order from Midway. Silica gel packets, screw driver sets etc. With the charging of shipping and no noticeable change in prices for the better, I quit ordering from them. Is still get their catalogs.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 6:47:56 PM EDT
I remember when Midway started charging for shipping and everyone was complaining. I compared my next 6 orders from Midway with the old pricing system. All but one were cheaper even when paying for shipping. The one that was $3.00 more included 500 lead bullets. Overall, I paid about $13.00 less under the new system.

One reason I paid less was that I got the C&R discount and did not make any small purchases (<$60.00). I planned my purchases so that it was not necessary.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 12:28:01 AM EDT
Their catalog has a lot of closeout specials that are very tempting. I just received the last of their regular catalog. It has a few pages of overstocked, discontinued items ie Butler creek flip ups, Bell and Carlson stocks, etc..Good service and decent prices. The sad thing is that is going to be their last regular catalog. Midway is only going to publish their catalog once a year. I am going to miss waiting for their catalog to come in the mail...
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:59:16 AM EDT
They have good prices, but consider Wideners, Natchez, Graf & Sons, and Midsouth Shooters Supply also. I've found that while they all offer good service, the vendor who has the best price on a particular item varies somewhat.
Shop around.
Top Top