Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 1/18/2013 6:04:24 PM EDT
So, long story short I ended up meeting Zac Brown today at Shot while he was talking about his new knife company "Southern Grind" and he ended up giving me one... I'm actually really impressed with it. I'm pretty particular about my carry knives but I can't believe how good the grip feels in my hand (like an Emerson and Strider combined). They have a shop out of Atlanta GA along with a leather shop "Southern Hide" and everything is 100% American made and assembled in Georgia.  I was talking to his knife crew and a couple of the leather guys and it's pretty neat seeing someone famous really have a passion for something else and give back into the community with American pride.  

I will probably be getting one or two of their other knives in the future and I have no problem paying a little more for a company that is so proud to be American and promote American jobs. It's really not that much when compared to other quality knife makers.  I'm looking forward to seeing how it holds up in comparisson to other quality knives.  Check them out if you get a chance.
http://www.southerngrind.com/index.html

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#1]
They look great. I love the wave feature. Do they have to pay royalties to Emerson?
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:57:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
They look great. I love the wave feature. Do they have to pay royalties to Emerson?

I believe so. Emerson has his logo in small print on the other side, and Zac Brown is a known Emerson fan.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice, I like the lower part of the handle (Striderish) and adding the Wave feature was a really smart move.  I thought they only had a machete in production, off to look at the site now.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#4]
The pocket clips are unusually short. Did you try one out?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 11:43:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've heard a few guys bitch about it but I haven't had a problem with it...  I don't think it will be an issue.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 11:54:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

i think so and from what i've heard on blade forums, ZB and Emerson are friends.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:27:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks good!
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:39:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I wonder if a standard Emerson pocket clip would fit, looks like the same hole pattern.  

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:13:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I've been intrigued by by Zac's knives as well.  Since I already have 17 Emersons, I might have to buy a Southern Grind to compare.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:24:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wonder if a standard Emerson pocket clip would fit, looks like the same hole pattern.  

Quoted:

He says his will fit the Emersons so I would imagine so
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:06:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Good looking blades, American made and...

From their website:

* a portion of proceeds from the production of our paracord bracelets support the Wounded Warrior Project.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:02:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I found out about this middle of last year and told everyone that i wanted one.  My sister got me one for Christmas.  I'm very pleased with it.  

However, the pocket clip was entirely too short to be useful so I am currently carrying it with a benchmade clip until I can get a Steel Flame Crusader Cross clip to throw on it.  

Other than the clip, I have zero complaints.  The knife comes incredibly sharp, the finish is great, and it feels great in hand.  I'm a big fan so far.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top