Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 1:01:02 PM EDT
Took the 630 to the range this weekend with  a pile of ammo to see what seemed to shoot well.

I'm considering trying to sell it so I can buy/build a Grendel Hunter. I figured if I ever "needed" a .223, I could just build one for the ar lower I'd have.

Anyway, after lots of chit chatting with others at the range, and rolling through a lot of different ammo I ended up trying some Hornady vx 55 gn moly bullets.

Here's a pic of my targets (grid is 1")

http://www.hunt101.com/img/328535.jpg

Left hand target, first 4 shots interlace, 5th shot (which I debated launching after I realized the first four were touching) was an "aw crxp!"

Right Hand target was at 200 yards.  I just wanted to see if I could keep things together.

After all was said and done, I decided that this bugger might have to stick around for a while.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/328533-big.jpg
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#1]
nice looking rifle
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:14:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Good looking HK630.
That is the 2nd 630 with a thumbhole stock I have ever seen. Where did you get it?
Glad to hear that you are going to keep the 630, they are hard to find now days.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:39:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought the rifle from a friend.  I believe he had someone in central WI make the stock on a duplicator right when he bought it.  Stockmaker then bedded it to get the fine points of the fit correct.  Checkering obviously was an early work...

Nice thing about having this stock is that aside from one compression ding...the factory stock is in pristine condition in storage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top