Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 11/17/2012 5:18:51 PM EST
Anyone here using any of the mechanix tactical series gloves? Any of them good enough for weapon manipulation??
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 5:45:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/17/2012 5:53:56 PM EST by Byrd-Shooter]
I use them, they hold up well and are reasonably priced. Not really much else to say about them, Mechanix gloves sort of speak for themselves.

I will generally go with Mechanix or traditional Nomex gloves

EDIT: Missed your question about manipulation.... in all honesty as long as the glove is snug (more on the tight side without being uncomfortable) and a reasonably thin material, dexterity shouldn't be an issue. As long as you buy the correct size, you should be good.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 6:04:35 PM EST
I wear the Classic ones in Coyote Brown at work.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 6:28:56 PM EST
Love the gloves. I can load the mags for my pistol and rifle easy. Loading, manipulating the bolt, slides, safety's and mag release. All zero problem. A little weird at first but that's to be expected.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 6:51:27 PM EST
I use the classic models and the slip on ones. They work good for the dough. Buy a couple of pairs when they are on sale at your auto parts store. I got some before for around $13.

I use the sizes that fit snug. I don't want them to be restrictive. They begin to wear after you use them for a while. I got holes in some of the fingers of a pair of gloves that I have. It starting to snag on my ambi safety.

I never used the tactical models that they have. As for the warmth. They are better then nothing. If you get something heavier you lose dexterity.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 10:57:32 PM EST
Lots of people use them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 2:35:51 PM EST
Goodstuff. MPACT. Get some.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:02:52 AM EST
Even the original mechanix gloves are better than my Oakley or camelbak "tactical" gloves
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:53:04 AM EST
I bought a set to use in an AK carbine course. They actually performed well and have held up under light duty for a few months now. For the price (under $20) I'd say they are GTG
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:20:26 AM EST
In addition to my WileyX that have a LOT of miles on them I picked up a pair of Mechanix "M-Pact" gloves. They have light padding on impact areas of palm and have knuckle protection as well. I have only used them once at the range. The trigger finger has a bit more material than my Wiley's due to the M-Pact padding, but not so much as to intrude on basic safety and operation of my weapon(s). I have no idea how they will hold up but they seem well made. I grabbed them off Amazon for ten bucks and at that price I figured 'what the heck, I'll give em a try"

So in short they are certainly acceptable for tac use albeit the durability factor is yet to be determined.

heli
Top Top