Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2016 1:37:12 PM EDT
i love this chestrig, but trying to figure out the best way to utilize all it has to offer.

with rig on my chest, the right large pouch is an ifak, the elastic next to it holds the TQ. rifle mags for mags, same for pistol mag pouches for pistol mags. there are a handful of smaller pouches (3"x5") etc which can handle writing tools, etc, etc.

Curious to know how others have theirs setup.

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 2:16:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Flashlight and multitool, 3 TQs, shears, can pouch.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#2]
What do you need/ want to carry?  That is all that matters.  Make a list and figure what goes where to,suit YOUR needs
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 6:08:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What do you need/ want to catty?  That is all that matters.  Make a list and figure what goes where to,suit YOUR needs
View Quote

some of the pockets are an odd size, so trying to make the best decisions on placement.

IFAK, mags, TQ, multitool, knife, light, maybe a pocket for hand sanitizer, maybe a twinkie and a snickers bar...
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 7:45:51 PM EDT
[#4]
There you go- buy appropriate sized ancillary items that can be fitted to the odd sized pockets
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:36:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Id love to try this rig but have the same problem, i m not currently finding a use for all those pockets. I thought about their hybrid rig that also has the 4 mags and a couple small front pouches but leave the sides empty with just pals webbing. Maybe try splitting your ifak up into two pockets and then doing writing instruments and notebooks in another. Add a small cleaning kit to another pouch and that should fill you up
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:41:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Id love to try this rig but have the same problem, i m not currently finding a use for all those pockets. I thought about their hybrid rig that also has the 4 mags and a couple small front pouches but leave the sides empty with just pals webbing. Maybe try splitting your ifak up into two pockets and then doing writing instruments and notebooks in another. Add a small cleaning kit to another pouch and that should fill you up
View Quote

i thought about breaking the ifak up, but i am also spinning up my knowledge of comms so eventually there will be a radio in one of the pouches. Land nav, and notepad are on the list. Basically i wanna have the rig be my go-to, even though i have a PC, i think the rig is a bit more practical for some of the training i want to do in the near future. It's comfortable as hell, too.

cleaning kit is mobil 1 motor oil and maybe a toothbrush & bandana.

I am a snob about keeping lip balm, subblock (spray if possible) and sanitation always within reach of me. calories and hydration could also be had as the other large pouch can accomodate a hydroflask if needed.

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:42:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Compass or GPS? Rangefinder?
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:45:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Compass or GPS? Rangefinder?
View Quote

binos.... gps would be awesome, too. thats gunna come with the learning about land nav that i wanna do. sadly i am just one person.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#9]
The mission drives the gear train, I picked mine up because I have needed dual comms before, and this rig can fulfill that role.  As far as the pockets go, I have used them for a TQ, a Write in the Rain note pad, Leatherman, Sure Fire light, and duct tape rolled flat.  The two middle pockets house spare pistol mags if needed. My IFAK is in a fanny pouch, but have plans to get a Blue force Gear to go on my war belt.  I have my armor set up where I can swap this out with a Haley D3.  All of the load requirements fall on whatever I'm going to be doing on any given day.  I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 1:46:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The mission drives the gear train, I picked mine up because I have needed dual comms before, and this rig can fulfill that role.  As far as the pockets go, I have used them for a TQ, a Write in the Rain note pad, Leatherman, Sure Fire light, and duct tape rolled flat.  The two middle pockets house spare pistol mags if needed. My IFAK is in a fanny pouch, but have plans to get a Blue force Gear to go on my war belt.  I have my armor set up where I can swap this out with a Haley D3.  All of the load requirements fall on whatever I'm going to be doing on any given day.  I hope this helps.
View Quote

good to know. that's pretty much what I am thinking. I am working on the comms aspect (so overwhelming) and will probably roll with a Baofeng for starters when it's said and done, but have a nice set right now.

so you run this in conjunction with a belt?  my idea was to run slick on the belt with just a holster and keep all my gear in the rig, but i guess i can roll both ways.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:03:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Mine is setup to compliment my GHB. It stays in my truck with one of my AR's and a pistol belt.

From right to left as you are looking down at it

Right GP Pocket - IFAK (Olaes, Halo, NPA, Combat Gauze, Trauma Shears) the CAT is in the same place you have yours.
Right Small Pocket - Flashlight
Right Square Pocket - Gun Parts (lube, bolt, firing pin, etc.)
Two Pistol Mags
Left Square Pocket - Radio with Remote Sspeaker Mic to shoulder strap
Left Small Pocket - Multi-tool
Left GP Pocket - Smoke

Velcro flat pocket in back - radio ear piece, notepad and pen, mostly kept free for more things as needed
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:37:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Mine is setup to compliment my GHB. It stays in my truck with one of my AR's and a pistol belt.

From right to left as you are looking down at it

Right GP Pocket - IFAK (Olaes, Halo, NPA, Combat Gauze, Trauma Shears) the CAT is in the same place you have yours.
Right Small Pocket - Flashlight
Right Square Pocket - Gun Parts (lube, bolt, firing pin, etc.)
Two Pistol Mags
Left Square Pocket - Radio with Remote Sspeaker Mic to shoulder strap
Left Small Pocket - Multi-tool
Left GP Pocket - Smoke

Velcro flat pocket in back - radio ear piece, notepad and pen, mostly kept free for more things as needed
View Quote

smoke grenades? I've never trained with those. im curious now.

aside from that, i was gunna set mine up almost the same way. ill post up pics of mine when it's done... probably by next weekend.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:19:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

good to know. that's pretty much what I am thinking. I am working on the comms aspect (so overwhelming) and will probably roll with a Baofeng for starters when it's said and done, but have a nice set right now.

so you run this in conjunction with a belt?  my idea was to run slick on the belt with just a holster and keep all my gear in the rig, but i guess i can roll both ways.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, sir.  I've found my war belt (an ATS) to be comfortable and it's the best thing to use that doesn't require keepers.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:52:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yes, sir.  I've found my war belt (an ATS) to be comfortable and it's the best thing to use that doesn't require keepers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i have an hsgi which i've been using for years.it's a lil bulky for me, but it works. been eyeing the ronin, but the belt is the last part of my 'kit upgrades'.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:38:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Is this for work or training?  If for work...what role?  LE/MIL?

When I was running dual comms, AN/PRC-148 left, AN/PRC-154 right, four rifle mags, one pistol mag, one multi-tool, hand held flashlight in small pocket on left side radio pouch, map markers jammed in small pocket on right side radio pouch, flat pockets to left and right of pistol mag pouches hold MS200 strobe, note pad/cards, (map pocket on back held cheat sheets and GRGs) and DAGR...placed a horizontal TQ pouch underneath (attached to webbing), IFAK is on waist in old EMDOM fag bag.

If for work, keep in mind that this (or any chest rig), either stand alone or attached to your PC should hold what you need to execute your mish RIGHT NOW...lickies and chewies, small arms parts, etc, etc go in your sustainment load

If it's for traiing...fill those pockets with what you need to shoot with, then the rest of them with Skittles...

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:27:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't judge a guy for a bottle of water and a couple granola bars in his kit.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:19:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

texas summers make a man stupid for not having hydration on or nearby him. I've been in a course where a guy passed out. instead of finishing patrol we were stripping all his gear off and putting ice on him.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:16:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I gotcha...but it should be in cargo pockets or sustainment load...want hydro on your body?  Hang a bag on the back...the UW G4 is pretty purpose built, if you're wanting to carry stuff that isn't dual comms centric, I'd recommend something else...ATS Lo Pro is a great GP rig for ammo, support and snacks
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I gotcha...but it should be in cargo pockets or sustainment load...want hydro on your body?  Hang a bag on the back...the UW G4 is pretty purpose built, if you're wanting to carry stuff that isn't dual comms centric, I'd recommend something else...ATS Lo Pro is a great GP rig for ammo, support and snacks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know how a bladder works on the back of a chest rig, but I ditched one from my IOTV on the second day of an NTC rotation.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:22:29 PM EDT
[#20]
It works...appropriately shaped and sized works on armor as well, most are too long/wide
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:51:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don't know how a bladder works on the back of a chest rig, but I ditched one from my IOTV on the second day of an NTC rotation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i used a camelbak once during a class. i hated it. when i was running and dropping to prone every minute during a drill, it felt like a massive brick on my back shifting around. I am looking for another option, but i was not the least bit happy with that camelbak.

before i was forecefully retired from mt. biking i would drink 100 ounces in 1.5 hours in the summer heat. A water bottle could be kept in a pocket, but that would last make 20 mins tops, so i'd need like 10 of em. lol.
sustainment load is another option, but i may give a hydroflask in a molle pouch a try for days when i am not needing to be away from car, etc for long periods of time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top