Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 1:15:50 PM EDT
I was looking for something to use on my 1st line gear as a buttpack. I had pretty much decided on a Tactical Tailor First Repsonder Bag as a buttpack. Then I started hearing about Maxpedition stuff (mostly the rollypolly as a drop mag pouch etc.) While I was checking out their stuff online, I noticed the Proteus. Looks pretty cool, but didn't know if it would attach to a riggers belt? (I don't need another belt and don't want something with its own belt). Also, how does it hold up? Anybody using any of the Maxpedition stuff???? Maybe too big anyway.

Maxpedition Proteus Waistback

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:34:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Buy American
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:39:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one of these. It works pretty good. It can attach directly to a belt, or you can use the built-in belt. I mostly use it as a man-purse during the summer. You can fit a GI canteen in the front outside pocket, it's a little tight but it will fit Built pretty tuff too, heavy duty stitching all around.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:48:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes it can. I've attached an M4 waistpack to the front, M1 waistpack to the left side, and Mini-Roly Poly to the right for a Nalgene. Works great. The M4 waistpack has a firstaid kit in it, so I don't always have it attached, but it's just an extra option. By the way, you can also attach the pack via Malice clips to a pistol belt.

Adrian
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:14:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I use it as the main component for my 1st line gear, with a alice canteen on the left side, a fixed knife on the right, and a .mil first aid kit aliced to the back of it. Carries nice and full, lets me carry fire, first aid, water, MREs and Powerbars, flashlight, knife, whistle, triox, etc. with me at all times. I actually put the waist straps through a MOLLE waistbelt, so that It is much more comfortable and doesn't slip, and gives me more real estate if I ever need it.

Just ask, and Ill add pics.

John
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#5]
One of my guys uses one as a butt pack and loves it, it works well for him, me personnaly I HATE Butt packs, for ME they get in the way. I carry a Maxpedition Fatboy/ satchel instead, Mush easier to access without taking off your gear and it can be set aside or to the side when in a vehical.
Just My $.02
cp
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:01:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one in Tan.  Not very thrilled with it. Certainly wouldnt use it as a buttpack in a LBV setup. In fact if anybody wants one I'll sell mine for $40.00 delivered.

Email
[email protected]  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top