Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/8/2003 9:03:23 PM EDT
I have been looking into putting a scout mount on my M48A and I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with the B-square mount?

How well do you think a red-dot would do?

Any opinions on a dot sight that would hold up to the recoil but still be relatively cheap?
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 9:55:10 PM EDT
Ive built a few, I personially do not like the b-square mounts as they move and are not solid.
i make my own mounts but it calls for altering the rifle a bit in that it uses the rear sight, no cost though. I have used reddot sight out to about 150 yds with no problem. the ATI styer looking stocks are better for not altering the rifle and are not much more than the b-square
plus you get the stock. also you dont HAVE to bend the bolt if you use a scout scope they do not advertise that because they sell the kit and I think they might get sued by styer etc.
are you going full sporter or do you wqant to be able to go back to military?
hunter
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 6:17:21 AM EDT
I guess that I would like to be able to go back to military but that depends on the cost. The rifle only cost me $120 so I'd like to be able to keep the cost of mounting optics on it relatively low, and if that can't be done I will just continue using irons.

I've got a few more questions for ya...

What do you mean by the B-square mount moving? Does it not maintain a zero or is it designed to move?

Would your method involve much alteration to the stock? Tools required? Any particular(cheap) red-dot that has worked well for you?
Top Top