Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/7/2006 4:15:39 PM EDT
I have a beautiful example of the Mauser KKW which shoots like a peach.

I have had a reproduction sling made for it and I shoot it pretty often with superb results.
However the safety catch is missing from it.

I'm not sure if the big brother K98 safety is the same or is even compatible.
Could anyone help me source one of these or point me in a good direction please.

Here are results @50m with the original open sights

1" Bullseye

Many thanks

Taffy
I just want it complete.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:13:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2006 6:18:32 AM EDT by AR-fan]
That is a really nice rifle you have and I have often wished I could own one. They are true collector items over here in the U.S. and I just can't afford them. The best place for looking for parts might be in some type of gun collector web sites such as www.gunboards.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=6
You will need to sign up (no cost) to be able to ask if anyone has the part you're looking for.

I had a Chicom copy of the german bolt rifle and loved it but I needed some cash so I sold it -- one of the few rifles I actually sold.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:47:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2006 7:56:11 AM EDT by mtykim]
i've got one of those norinco built 22lr KKW rifles that i'm thinking about selling. looks just like the mauser one pictured above (except mine is the sniper version so it has the factory installed quick detach side mounted 2.5 power scope with rubber sunshield, also has an adjustable trigger). this one works off a 5 round magazine (i think you have to load 1 round at a time with the mauser version).

it is complete with all original accessories (leather K98 buckle sling, front sight protector, magazine, cleaning rod). i bought it back in the early 1980's. took it out to the range only maybe 3 times, i'd estimate less than 100 rounds through it total since new. but i do recall it being very accurate. been just sitting in the gun safe inside a soft case. condition is 98 - 99%.

if anyone is interested, let me know. i'll post some pictures if there is an interest.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:01:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/13/2006 4:08:36 PM EDT by Taffy223]
Thanks very much for your input guys.
Ar-fan how much do these sell for over there then?....just out of curiosity.

I dont want to knock the Norinco but the real deal has to be prefered. It realy does shoot like a peach and if I could attach a scope who knows what it could achieve.

Cheers
Taffy

ETA
I was unable to register with that site...every option I chose it told me the name was already registered and I chose a few realy obscure ones....could someone pose the question over there for me ...perhaps with a link to this thread?

any idea's?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:22:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/14/2006 5:24:18 AM EDT by AR-fan]
Taffy223,
I posted your request in the Mauser section of "Gunboards.com" with a picture. You can find it at this location; www.gunboards.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=143341

I hope you are able to locate the safety! The last time I saw one of the Mauser KKW trainers at a collector gun show was years ago and it was over $800 US. I don't get to go to collector shows but maybe once a year and have not seen one of the Mausers since that first one.

There is no comparison to the original mauser but I got the Chicom Mauser for under $200 and it shot OK and it did have the 5 round magazine so it made a nice little field gun.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:13:57 AM EDT
ARFan
Thanks very much for your help.
I'll go check out the link now

Cheers
Taffy
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:30:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/19/2006 6:31:17 AM EDT by mtykim]
maybe this will fit. it is on ebay right now for just $5.

here is the link.

cgi.ebay.com/Mauser-Erma-K98k-22-conversion-kit-safety_W0QQitemZ6598314808QQcategoryZ36049QQrdZ1QQcm­dZViewItem
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:04:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/19/2006 4:18:10 PM EDT by Taffy223]

Originally Posted By mtykim:
maybe this will fit. it is on ebay right now for just $5.

here is the link.

cgi.ebay.com/Mauser-Erma-K98k-22-conversion-kit-safety_W0QQitemZ6598314808QQcategoryZ36049QQrdZ1QQcm­dZViewItem

You Sir may just be a Hero.
Thanks so much for this link. I've contacted the seller to see about selling to UK and it's compatability.

Thanks again

Taffy

ETA Does not look compatible....
Top Top