Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2002 7:22:52 AM EDT
Talking with my buddy about the Garand(s) I'm going to get, and what I want to use them for, (John C Garand matches and Highpower and Service Rifle matches), he was curious to know if the new manufacture Springfield M1s would be legal in those matches, and what matches it would be legal in, if he were to get one chambered in .308.

I know the .308 Garand would DEFINITELY not be legal in the JCG match, but should be fine in Highpower.  I don't know about service rifle, tho.

I'm planning on getting a couple Garands... One, to keep as original (in specs, at least) as possible, for use in JCG matches, mainly.  The second, I might trick out for Highpower (new BBL, bedding, NM sights and trigger job, etc)

M@
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:08:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 10:00:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Can't think of any reason why a 308 Garand wouldn't be legal in hi-power, but don' the regs in front of me.  Not sure why you would want to, but if it makes you happy go for it.

As you said, definitely not done in the Garand Match.

Link Posted: 3/28/2002 4:26:34 PM EDT
[#3]
3.1 SERVICE RIFLE- U.S. Rifle, Caliber .30 M1 or 7.62 ( .308 ) M1 as issued by the U.S. Armed Forces, or the same type and caliber of COMMERCIALLY MANUFACTURED rifle. Blah blah blah.......

From NRA H-Power rule book..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top