Posted: 3/13/2006 7:41:04 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience?

Fun factor?

Reliability?

Value?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:45:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw one blow up last week! Using handloads of course.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:01:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I saw one blow up last week! Using handloads of course.

Details....
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I had one that I took in trade several years ago.  Played around with it for a couple of months.  Guy I got it from swore it was an inaccurate POS.  I was able to shoot some decent 25-50 yd iron site groups with it. I actually mounted a cheap 4X scope on it and at 75 yds could keep 5 rounds in a cigarette pack.  Fun gun.  No malfunctions that I recall.  Shot mainly FMJ in it.  Sold it to my BIL who just had to have it.  He still has it.  Much better than the HiPoint I also owned.  YMMV
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:11:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I had one that I took in trade several years ago.  Played around with it for a couple of months.  Guy I got it from swore it was an inaccurate POS.  I was able to shoot some decent 25-50 yd iron site groups with it. I actually mounted a cheap 4X scope on it and at 75 yds could keep 5 rounds in a cigarette pack.  Fun gun.  No malfunctions that I recall.  Shot mainly FMJ in it.  Sold it to my BIL who just had to have it.  He still has it.  Much better than the HiPoint I also owned.  YMMV

That is the cheap 9mm carbine comparison I was looking for without coming right out and saying it.  I got rid of my Hi-Point and now I'm looking for a non-Hi Point cheap plinker.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:39:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

My experience is similar. (Only I still have mine )

It's very accurate. very reliable. will cycle all kinds of low powered as well as regular 9mm. It's a Marlin so it is damn accurate.

I have four 30 round Triple-K mags and some 12 round S&W mags that work great.

It doesn't hurt the eye to look at,  or offend the sensibilities of the gun fearing wussies should you ever have to defend yourself in court.

I'll never sell it.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:04:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I had one for years.  My dad borrowed it a number of years back and If ear I may never see it again...

Seriously: light, handy, accurate, feeds about any round you can put in it.  Mags are cheap and plentiful.  Any rail system that fits the MArlin 336 will also fit, thus allowing the easy addition of a red dot scope.  Mine was replaced by a Ruger PC9 and, later, a Beretta CX4.

A few notes: Do not shoot +P and +P+ too much unless you get stronger WOlff springs, and do not shoot soft lead.  Micro-Groove plus lead equals mess.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:04:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks a lot for the replies, guys.

I can't wait to pick it up and do some shooting with it on Saturday.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:29:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top