Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2007 7:24:54 AM EDT
I have a Marlin Bolt Action .22lr that i got from a friend for $50. It is at my dad's house now so i can't post a pic. From looking on the web, i think it is a model 25 although i'm not completely sure.
anyway, i have only shot about 20-25 rounds through it, whatever a small box of Stingers are. i was wanting to get some feedback on what some of you thought about this rifle. i have been thinking of getting rid of it for a 10/22.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:05:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:17:46 AM EDT
[#2]
do you have any contact info for rifle basix? - nevermind it was easy to Google.

also are there any other aftermarket parts or stocks availible?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:21:57 AM EDT
[#3]
last time i shot it i had failure to eject problems. the rounds were not even sticking to the bolt at all. i figured i could just tweek the extractor claw since it is just spring steel but thought i'd ask before breaking or weakening it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:24:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:34:45 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the feedback. i will have to look those up.

i was planning on getting rid of it for a 10/22 but i always like the simplicity of a good bolt gun. i just wanted to make sure i got a good enough one to hold on to.

i was thinking that it would be a good starter for my first kid on the way. although that will still be a few years before he gets to shoot it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:47:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top