Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/4/2010 11:37:34 PM EDT
Stainless barrel and synthetic stock, tube fed carbine.
Thinking about getting one as a beater rifle.
Any thoughts from those who own one or a similar stainless Model 60??
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:53:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2010 5:54:11 AM EDT by DanTSX]
I have the 60SS on the laminated wood stock. It was a special run made up for cabela's with a blue/grey stain to the wood laminate. Looks goofy in ads, but out and in person, it really really is a slick looking rifle that gets a ton of positive comments.

The carbon fiber look stock is very nice. It is a handsome and well-balanced rifle. I prefer it for plinking / informal target duty to my full-on target rigs, lever actions, and other semi auto rimfires. For me, it is my "beater" as well. If you are going to sling it and take it into the woods or something, there is no magazine to dig into your sides, but you may want to remove the hood from the front sight, as it will snag branches and pop off.

Trigger breaks in well after 300-500 rounds, but still kind of clunky if you are used to more purposeful guns. There are now replacement triggers that help in that department, but I have not tried one yet as the stock trigger is still far more than serviceable.

I'll post up some pics later on, as I've gotta run. But I think you will find that it is VERY accurate out of the box, and very reliable as well. The tube mag can easily be reloaded on the fly with the use of speed loaders. Your thumbs will thank you for your choice of the tube mag.

They are very low maintinence. Just a drop of oil worked into the action every so often and you are good.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:31:53 PM EDT
Well I think I am gonna buy one.
Never been too pleased with "micro-groove" rifling but for the intended purpose as a tractor/truck gun that I can keep stashed in an outbuilding while it isn't being used, it should serve the purpose well.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:34:50 PM EDT
I have 2 model 60's, one anniversary model from 1990 and on ss with the laminated stock both are fantastic rifles, reliable and accurate. I don't think you will go wrong.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:15:14 AM EDT
I bought one of those Marlins for a buddy of mine's wife since she was taking care of his elderly parents. I put a Nikon scope on it & she now hits shotgun hulls with it @ 100 yards. Beautiful stock, those carbon ones.

My .o2
Top Top