Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2002 1:23:07 PM EDT
Gents,

I had the opportunity to visit a USMC Armory.  They had a lot of great weapons and I got to play with them.

Here is a short list of what I saw:

M240G 7.62mm MG

SAW   5.56

M16A2 Service Rifle

M4 Benelli Semi Auto Shotgun(Awesome shotgun)

Colt M4A3 Carbine  (Brand new with Burst no full auto)

M40A1 Sniper Rifle(3 Pound trigger pull)

Designated Marksman Rifle(M14)

Galil Sniper Rifle(Folding Stock)

Silenced M40A1 rifle

FN National Match M16 A2 Service rifle(Yes FN complete with burst)

m16A4 Urban Sniper?  (with RAS/Scope/bipod)

Match M14 Rifle

Match 22 pistols(Not sure of make)

Match 1911 45s

Match 22 rifles(Not sure of make)

Barett Sniper Rifle 50 cal

Needless to say I left a happy man.

Semper Fi

max
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 12:06:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 3:20:47 AM EDT
[#2]
i want to see pics!
you lucky dog, that would have been fun.
take care,
colt
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 7:24:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Taking photos in or around military armories is in many cases against the law.  It part of physical security to not allow people to in effect take photos that can be used if they planned on attacking and/or seizing the weapons contained within.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 8:32:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Did you miss the SMAWS? I got to handle one last week at the armory. I didn't get to fire it, but I'm working on that. I saw them on the range. They are LOUD! I did get to run 100 rounds thru the .50 cal and a couple boxes throught the Mk 19 with the Heavy Guns Platoon I'm assigned to. And the piece de resistance, the Barrett .50 cal SASS! Ran a 10 round mag through it. After the first shot was low and to the right, I had no problem dinging tanks at 1000 meters. That's good for a Doc. I know the STA guys had no problem dinging the fly off the commander's hatch on the tank at that distance. :)

Sherm

Link Posted: 3/16/2002 8:43:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Colt M4A3 Carbine  (Brand new with Burst no full auto)

A3???  When did they come out with an A3?  I thought they only had the M4 and the M4A1.  What configuration are the A2 and A3?

Galil Sniper Rifle(Folding Stock)

Was this the property of the unit or was it a personal weapon being stored in the armory?  
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Kreiger still has some Med wt. 1/12 barrels from the DMR order left. Chambered and cut to marine specs.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 11:10:53 PM EDT
[#7]
hey sherm,
 youre in NY? reservist? do they have an STA platoon up there???
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 11:26:23 PM EDT
[#8]
The Galil rifle surprised me too, never seen one in the armory before but it is likely a POW. We were always instructed to register any personally owned weapons with the MP's and then store them in the armory. Most of us just kept them in our wall lockers for easy access.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top