Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 1:36:59 PM EDT
I'm looking to take the M&P slide from the original black to OD Green.  I'm going to use Krylon to make sure I like it, then may Duracoat later.  However, I'm wondering if anybody has sprayed a pistol slide, because I'm wondering what do do about the sights.  They don't exactly come off very easily, and I don't want my sights getting all fouled up.  If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:45:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Use blue painter's tape and tape them off.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, that's what I was thinking...guess I'll just have to cut some custom strips and be really steady.  I don't want to get paint on them, but I also don't want to have fouled up paint lines because I put on too much tape.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:50:34 PM EDT
[#3]
+1!

Painters tape works great. I use it on most of my paint jobs too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top