Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2002 12:33:17 AM EDT
OK, I've got a little Marlin bolt action 22 rifle. Model 880 I believe.

A couple weeks ago I discovered that they had made high capacity mags that would fit this gun. Of course, I just had to have them so I laid out $120.00 to get three of the new in the package. They are 25 round Ramlines.

Once I get them, I discover that the part that you actually insert into the gun isnt long enough to go in, and is blocked by the magwell and stock.

I decide to file down part of the plastic on one of the magazines, but I didn't get anywhere doing that.

So I decided to take the magwell off, and file the stock down for the mags to fit. Sure enough, they fit, but I cannot use the magwell, and the stock is kind of ugly...

Here is the rifle with the magwell, after the filing:

(sorry for the poor pictures, I was in a hurry)

Here it is with the magwell of, and the stock filed (can't see it very well because of poor piture..)

Here she is with a new 25 round Ramline in her...

The red lines I "photoshopped" in of couse, but they mark what I would have to cut out to use the magwell with the hi-cap mags.. (I went over it with white-out originally)

Now here is a picture of the different types of mags I have..

Here is all my magazines I have for it.. (three are loaded incase some SHTF, LOL)...

The last round in the Ramlines will not feed. The follower hangs up before it can "pop" the tip of the round up high enough to go into the chamber. It needs an "anti-tilt" follower..lol

Think it was worth it?

I havent acutally shot from the new mags yet, but I think it will be neat.

BTW, this is a SUB MOA rifle.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 12:36:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn, nice job!  

give yourself a pat on the back!
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 12:39:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Damn, nice job!  

give yourself a pat on the back!

Thanks!

I actually would like to find a place that could cut the magazine well for me, so I can still use it w/ my other mags too.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:13:45 AM EDT
[#3]
You can do that yourself with a set of files
a Dremel tool and a dial caliper.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It's hardend steel (I tried) :-(
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:37:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I think I will stay in Canada with my $60 ($40US) 50 round teardrop mags for my 10/22
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:44:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think I will stay in Canada with my $60 ($40US) 50 round teardrop mags for my 10/22

That's not nice.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey man we have so very few advantages when it comes to firearms in Canada that we have to crow about them when we can.....oh I guess that does not count against Kaliforniastan.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

10 out of 10 shooters prefer American gun laws to Canadian gun laws.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

how much does a 30rounder for your AR cost ya???? <giggle giggle>
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 7:07:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

how much does a 30rounder for your AR cost ya???? <giggle giggle>

About 10 years if you take the pin out!!!
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 8:40:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Nooooooooooooo!
ComputerGuy+ Dremel will create a new post called, I just cut my arm off with my dremel tool, but the nurse in the ER was really cute!

CG step away from the power tool!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top