Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2004 8:03:07 AM EDT
I am looking to give my 10/22 a "new look". Its in pretty bad shape right now hat
THANKS!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:18:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know that Krylon is the best way to make her 'feel pretty' again.  Kinda like buying your girlfriend/wife a potato sack when she complains she's got nothing nice to wear.

Bushmaster has a nice Choate fixed stock, or you could wait until September to see if the ban dies and if so, then buy a Choate or Butler Creek stock set with side folding stock.   Far better looking and useful than just a spray job.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I plan on buying an AR before the ban dies and stocking up on the "evil" stuff. This is just something to hold me off until then. While Im on the subject, do you think they will make more quality high caps for 10/22?

ok, lemme rephrase it...

I want to make her beautiful, in my eyes.
I have my heart set on painting it now, just need to know what works best.

Please help me out hinking.gif
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:47:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out the coating products that Brownells sells like alumahyde.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:03:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Krylon should do nicely.

Fun with Krylon
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I did it. I am extremely satisfied with the outcome too! Pics here:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=11&t=174560&page=1&
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top