Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/30/2005 4:00:26 AM EDT
I feel like I have made a made a major accomplishment. I completely disassembled my 10/22 for a major cleaning. I had never taken the trigger pack apart before, I would just try to clean it out with a Q-tip or something. The 10/22 was the only gun in my arsenal that I had not completely disassembled. The trigger was getting very gritty and I could hear stuff crunching and grinding down in there (approximately 10,000+/- rounds). The last trip to the range I had ran an entire brick of Thunderbolts through it and it hadn’t been cleaned before that trip. So I figured that it shouldn’t be that hard to strip it down and put it back together, I was correct it wasn’t that bad at all. The only trouble I had was getting the hammer back in, after I figured out how I was screwing that up everything was easy. Everything is working very well now and I can’t wait to get it back out and get it dirty again. I have got to get a Volq. hammer. Does anyone have a technique to clean Buttler Creek Hot Lips magazine, mine are looking pretty dirty.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:01:19 AM EDT
+1 on the Volq hammer, besides a new barrel they are probably the first thing I put in when building a 10/22.

Digital
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:35:39 AM EDT
tag for the BC cleaning.

Btw, why change out the hammer?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:46:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Mr45auto:
tag for the BC cleaning.

Btw, why change out the hammer?

Much lighter trigger pull.

Digital
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:44:26 PM EDT
You can fill them with water and liquid soap, shake it around and dump it out, then repeat. When it's clean and free of soap residue, use a air compressor or hair dryer on it.
Hoppes works well too.

I know for a fact that a 50/50 solution of salt and rubbing alcohol works wonders on glass and other surfaces that the salt wont ruin. I don't think you would see any problems from using it on your mags, as long as you remove all salt before you dry the mag.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:15:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 10:16:12 PM EDT by NAVYRETIRED1]
I take whole trigger assembly turn on end and use brake cleaner with the little spout until all the crud comes out,same with receiver . I clean barrel with regular bore cleaner then lightley oil with break free more wear occures on disassemble then anywhere else. I hope you have a buffer.
Top Top