Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2011 6:27:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/31/2011 6:28:22 PM EDT by TitleII]
Probably not the correct forum, but this is were I hang out and I figure anyone running an AR15 chambered for .50 Beowulf would also be here.

Anyway, I have found that aluminum 5.56 mags don't hold onto the .50 round very well and I am using steel mags. I don't like to put steel mags into an aluminum mag well.

Has anyone experimented with Magpul mags for .50 Beowulf.

If not, and your interested, let me know...if I don't get any replies but some interest I will do some experimenting and let the forum know what I find out.

Just Askin!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:05:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/1/2011 1:06:01 AM EDT by Tony44]
I've used PMags with my 50beo with no problems. I you do use hollowpoints there is a bit of material on the mag shell (a little point just in front of the follower) that the the hollowpoint will strip off. After feeding a couple of rounds the material will be "smoothed" out and there shouldn't be any issues at all. The amount of the material is minimal and you probably wouldn't even know if I hadn't told you. Only reason I know is because someone pointed it out to me when I asked a similar question. Anyways, PMags are good to go.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:26:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Tony44:
I've used PMags with my 50beo with no problems. I you do use hollowpoints there is a bit of material on the mag shell (a little point just in front of the follower) that the the hollowpoint will strip off. After feeding a couple of rounds the material will be "smoothed" out and there shouldn't be any issues at all. The amount of the material is minimal and you probably wouldn't even know if I hadn't told you. Only reason I know is because someone pointed it out to me when I asked a similar question. Anyways, PMags are good to go.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

That's great to hear. Thanks for the feedback.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 3:57:54 PM EDT
i've used pmags and lancer mags with no problem with the wulf.

as stated above , depending on the bullet your using the little nub in the pmag may need to be ground down so they don't catch on it.
Top Top